Queen Azshara Hotfixes this Week

We’re working on the following hotfixes today. We intend to apply to these changes to the Queen Azshara encounter with weekly maintenance in each region:

• When either Aethenel or Cyranus is slain on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic difficulty, there is now a 3-second delay before the other one gains the Torment buff.
  • Azshara’s Indomitable is now summoned 10 seconds later than previously observed on Mythic difficulty.
  • Tidemistresses have 5% less health on Mythic difficulty.
  • Ancient Wards now energize slightly slower for smaller raid sizes on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Arcane Vulnerability to apply when the victim wasn’t in line of sight of Queen Azshara.

We’ll update this post if there are any further changes, and when the hotfixes go live.

The leeway is good on the Torment buff! Just a slight question on the wording,

• Arcane Wards now energize slightly slower for smaller raid sizes on Normal and Heroic difficulties.

So do smaller raid sizes have to work harder charging the Wards than larger groups? That seems odd. You have less people to work with.

5 Likes

Currently that add spawns 105-110 seconds after Ward of Power (299178) is cast, initiating Stage 2 on both heroic and mythic difficult

So to clarify, it’s now going to be different on only mythic? Heroic still 105-110 and mythic now 115-120?

Huh? Arcane Orbs or Ancient Ward, because those are the only two that make sense for that fight.

2 Likes

Fixed.

Thank you.

1 Like

She definitely did not need to be buffed for smaller groups.

4 Likes

Except doing that makes the fight harder for smaller raids.
Unless what it is meant to be is Ward of Power and not Ancient Wards or it could be the Ancient Wards drain slower.
As it stands it just makes it harder for smaller raids as they have less to drain the Ward of Power or charge the Ancient Wards.

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure how to feel about this.
Smaller guilds already have an inherently harder time with just about all mechanics these days, as a single member taking care of a mechanic rather than hitting the boss is a much larger % of the raid’s total performance than it would be in a large group.
There’s really no reason to take a boss that’s already much worse on smaller groups and just… make it more so.

and got fixed

When you bring Azshara to 40% during Phase 3 without killing the Sirens, the sirens will spam Drain Ancient Ward/ Empower Ward of Power, but the spells do not affect the wards. Is this a bug, and if it is, will it ever be fixed?

As a raid leader, I have been instructing my raid to kill both sirens, but if this is working as intended, I will no longer do so.

Clarification please on this one.

Looks like to me you made this fight harder to smack small raids with a mechanic already stretching to deal with due to smaller numbers?
Why was that called for at all?

Or did you actually mean to say the reverse, that they drain slower?