WoW Forever Beta - Unable to log in - stuck at “Retrieving character list”

I have not been able to log into the game since yesterday’s shutdown. My login process shows a loading bar at the top and just stays stuck. It has been over 12 hours now. I even tried reinstalling the whole game; nothing seems to fix the issue.
I also noticed that the app launcher keeps on installing an update every few minutes (or at least it appears to be installing something), which is unusual to happen every few minutes.

Playing on MacBook Pro M1 - Game version 1.60.1.70338

1 Like

Same issue for my wife and I. It’s been two days for us. My wife is using her own account on her PC in our house, so it’s the same network. I don’t know if that matters. We both tried logging in to each other’s accounts on both PCs and nothing changes.

I saw a post on here earlier with the same issue that someone suggested renaming the Cache, Interface and WTF folders (I just added .old at the end); then relaunch. It basically acted like a fresh install: pick enhanced or standard screen, but then hangs on the character screen again until the eventual disconnect with the WoW Error code (WOW51900319).

None of my friends (including IRL ones that live in my area) are having this issue. My wife and I actually have a little playing time this weekend, and it seems we can’t. For what it’s worth, TBC Anniversary and Classic Era login just fine for us; WoWF is the only client affected.

Edit: the post I was referring to you were apart of. Didn’t notice until I read it again. /facepalm

1 Like

Thanks for answering, bro … yeah, I tried renaming the folders; it did nothing for me … I finally opened a ticket about it, but god knows when it will be answered … I wasted my entire Saturday trying to find a way to log in :frowning:

This is what I tried, but didn’t work:
1- Removed all addons
2- Renamed the Interface, WTF, and Catche folders
3- Restarted the computer
4- Restarted the router
5- Did a manual DNS flush
6- “Scan and Repair” through the game launcher
7- Completely deleted and reinstalled the game

If anyone has a different method, please do share so we can try it out

UPDATE!!!
I found a solution that worked!!

1- Go to your game folder > WTF > and open the Config.wtf file using a text editor
2- Manually write the following line at the very bottom of the file:
SET realmname “Normal”
and click save

If you are not on a Normal server, type PvP, Roleplay, or Hardcore instead …

Try it out and let me know! ^^

1 Like

Unfortunately. I did not work for me. Thanks for the information though, and I am glad it worked for you!

Sorry to hear … i hope they fix this issue once and for all

1 Like

Same issue has been happening to me. I still cannot get in, even after trying the SET realmname "Normal" trick (notice I’m using normal quotes instead of smart quotes, as well)

1 Like

Same for me. I submitted a ticket and nothing so I just got a refund and I’ll wait for the special edition one to arrive in the mail.