Temporary Dialog Bug for Australian Testers

With the new build of the WoW Forever Beta, we have an unexpected bug where Australian players are being presented with a dialog when they log in telling them their social features are locked down. This is not the case, of course.

We’ll get the bug fixed as soon as possible.

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

G’day Mate.

I got it an hour before the patch. I relogged then and it was gone. I don’t know if it will be back when I finally get on after the patch.

Thank you for the update. Can you update us re stuck at retrieving character list please?

1 Like

I am unable to mail items between characters on the same account because of this bug.

Might want to check that.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

The bug prevented me from being able to form a group

1 Like

unable to mail between alts, will stop playing until this isresolved

1 Like

Kaivax, my account is 20+ years old, mate. You guys need to get on this asap. I went through the process to verify myself, and it was denied. Not being able to whisper peeps means no groups. Messaging is 50% of the game interface.

3 Likes

Respectfully, how is it an unexpected bug given the new support page? Australia Age Verification Article ID: 000386364.

1 Like

I had this issue before the patch. It came back when I made a new character. I opened my account details from battle net. You could click on age verification at the top of the screen. I used my email. It said fixed. Logged on - can communicate.

1 Like

You’re obviously preparing to enact age verification. Why an account that’s been active since 2004 needs to prove its age seems like an odd choice, even if this appearing right now is a bug.

2 Likes

Steam did the same thing. 19 year old account but I still need a credit card to prove I’m an adult.

Restricting chat completely in WoW is ridiculous.

Clearly an in-development feature wasn’t ready to ship, and it partially shipped.

1 Like

To Blizz:

Please consult your parent companies Microsoft stance in this area.

Xbox accounts older then the age cut-off, were grandfathered into not needing ID.

Please do not take Steam’s stance, of needing to re-verifying with ID or a Credit Card, it’s insanely frustrating to have yet another service able to hack my ID.

This is more than a diaglogue issue.
Attempted to mail an alt and get the message “Mail disabled until i verify my age”

Now i can whisper other players and communicate in the chat channels but not access the mail system, i think the mail system is the lowest concern.

edit
Verified age in battle.net and still can’t send mail to alts.

Cannot send mail to an alt despite being age verified.

1 Like