23 consecutive losses as alliance; a study of humanity

Just finished my 23rd consecutive loss as alliance in random bgs. I know hundreds of people have posted thousands of topics about this, but it is actually a pretty interesting thing to study. WHile I wait for loss 24 to pop, I’ll write my thoughts here - I’d like to hear what you think!

The obvious answer is ‘serious PVPers will switch factions to whichever one is winning the most.’ but I have heard some interesting ideas said repeatedly:

1. “Horde has all the good cds” Could it really be that a racial CD wins bgs? Someone link me which horde CD caps a base while you’re standing on a road.

2. “Horde are better at team fights/targeting healers/callouts” This one is particularly interesting to me because it comes with the assumption the people playing horde are somehow different than the ones playing Alliance, suggesting simply playing Horde makes you better at targeting healers. How does playing a Horde toon make you better at playing?

3. “Maybe it’s you” I’m currently at 26 consecutive losses, this is suggesting a single player trying to win a BG is capable of making them all lose. The “Maybe it’s you” argument wastes the opportunity to have the discussion and find out what needs to change. How could we have a better conversation?

4. Interestingly enough, many Alliance talk big game in the chat. It’s odd that so many people would have strategies on how to win - but we just don’t. How is this?

5. “fighting on roads” I have definitely been guilty of this fallacy. However, if an Alliance is fighting on the road, that means a horde is fighting on the road too.

I know you’re tired of hearing players complain, but this isn’t a complaint - this is a genuine call for ideas on how we can win - and the only reason I care is because I want this damned quest and I’ll let you Alliance drones have your precious losses.

4 Likes

generally speaking, alliance do suck really bad.

but theres lot sof terrible horde players also. trust me. i boosted a disc priest 4 days ago and im already out damaging half of my team mates in almost every single BG as disc priest, yes lots of horde r very bad too.

i have 67 percent win rate on my main toon, which is horde, i love horde, i will never switch from horde, but we have a lot of bad players too

1 Like

Are you the guy who offered a million gold for a win?

As an experiment while waiting for Shadowlands, I fired up new Alliance toons. Leveled solo through battlegrounds Alliance side. Wearing heirlooms, greens, and quest gear.

Mage #1 to level 61. Win/loss: 24-11
https://imgur.com/a/KwhzDpj

Mage #2 to level 70. Win/loss: 25-18
https://imgur.com/a/4jdoyjC

• BG chat Alliance side has been mostly crickets except calling out BG objectives.
  • Some games one side is stacked with healers. Pretty much have to accept taking lumps in those matches.
  • Some games Alliance side starts short 1 to 3 players, and they stay short-handed 5 to 10 minutes. This is my biggest frustration playing Alliance side, as it is something Blizzard can control and make better.
2 Likes

Currently 30-28 W/L on my 92 Horde Mage. Healer discrepancy seems to be the deciding factor in most games.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

No, but I was getting close. Happy to say #28 was a win and now I never have to do it again.

Grouping up with 1 or 2 friends you have on coms makes a world of a difference.

1 Like

Just rolled a Horde premade in Ashran! There is hope!

On a more serious note: At least at max level, things are skewed a little bit because of epic bgs but normal bgs at least are pretty even as far as both faction w/l.

1 Like

Join an alliance BG community and queue with people. Every motivated person you bring to a match will be taking the place of a bot or demotivated person.

If you roll with premades you’re more likely to meet Horde premades, but it’s a risk worth taking.

Best of luck out there.

World of Warcraft is not a game that is hard to get into. The problem rests on the players present to make or break the experience. I honestly think the Matches that have a ton of complaining in chat consist of a bunch of frustrated people looking to vent or troll their frustrations away. This applies not only to Random Battlegrounds but Looking for group PvE stuff too. When the players on your team are in a mindset to win and perform their role as best as they can, usually the matches end with a close score or if the other team is lacking then it becomes one sided. No ONE* faction is better than the other based on game mechanics while in a group setting at a casual, progressive level. It comes down to the grouping lottery.

I think it’s probably because of the epics. We just win more of them due in part to map imbalances. Like you said, people who care about PvP will gravitate toward the faction that wins more, if even just a little more often, over a long period of time and the effect snowballs. Players who care enough about their winrates to select a faction on that foundation may be more likely to communicate and attend to objectives.

I’m just confused as to how the faction imbalance can be reversed in other regions like OCE seeing as though their epics have the same imbalances.

Their epics are our epics too… they don’t separate people by region in BGs. If it’s past 1am central I’m seeing almost exclusively oceanic players in regular and epic bgs.

1 Like

damn i just checked on my disc priest and my record is 13-19 (horde)

its so sad, horde r very bad too. i made a disc priest 5 days ago, i have poop gear and every single game i do more dmg than half my team, lmfao. horde sucks just as bad as alliance bro.

oooof i cant believe my record is that bad lmfao. from now on im afking out of losses until its 2-1 ratio. thats disgusting

1 Like

“need to pvp for this quest “

found the problem

3 Likes

I know part of my big number (28 losses in a row) is because of how fast Alliance ques are - I can farm 3 losses before Horde even gets a pop.

Wait…that may actually be the simple answer.

I see all the time about this, alliance aren’t better than horde and horde aren’t better than alliance.
I sometimes feel a lot of you blur reality when you think there is any real difference between the 2 factions.
We are all just human beings sitting in front of a computer screen controlling digital avatars.
The pixel you choose doesn’t determine anything real except the look of your character.

I am someone with a 70%ish win rate as an alliance player

5 Likes

I’m aware. I’m saying that I don’t really understand why alliance is more popular there since their horde still clean the epics same as our horde.

Exactly, that’s the reason for this post. However, 28 straight losses as Alliance has to raise some questions.

1 Like

There’s no way you lost 24 battlegrounds in a row. That doesn’t even happen in epic battlegrounds where Alliance struggle more. I would’ve won a million dollars on the lottery before you won a random bg in that case.

PS- unless you’re talking about level 19 bgs then that doesn’t matter about the faction then.

I usually switch factions or brackets after 10 consecutive losses. I don’t think I could look myself in the mirror knowing that I “played” a game that I had to pay to play for 4+ hours but didn’t actually get to play. Come to think of it, this is probably the exact reason MMO games have been falling apart one after another :thinking: too much control on the other players end which can ruin the entire experience for you…