Algalon Does Too Much Damage

Personally, I think Algalon’s hits are somewhat 6 times higher than they should: They’d bring bis geared tanks to a half or third their health bar with one single swing, it didn’t felt appropriate at all

Aside from that, Antimather npcs hit really well, 3 hits on a dps and can be nearly down.

We just hope Algalon can be scaled a little more accordingly to our stats! Not to be nerfed, but scaled more consistently :)!

Thanks in advance!!!

5 Likes

I put a cover memo on this and sent it up to Blizzard HQ. Was it supposed to have a TPR report?

And yeah, if you’re looking for a group for Herald - Vills’ group is the way to go. I’ll be going with Vills and Kitty when my herald toons are ready.

8 Likes

What do you mean by TPR report? I was going to put a link to warcraft logs, but the forum won’t let me post links from that website.

7 Likes

That’s an Office Space reference - I guess it was TPS report. The reference is a joke. I hope they fix this - I’d like to earn Herald of the Titans.

6 Likes

Oh rip me, I’ve never seen that show.

5 Likes

We’ll forgive you this once :wink:

Hopefully once this is fixed, I’ll finally be able to climb out of my hidey hole and attempt to join on a run. I’ve gotten the toon to 80, gotten the gear (or an acceptable replacement), even have the gems! I just need to get her some enchants, and actually sign up for the event. :joy:

5 Likes

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

3 Likes

Even if you’re not running the event getting support from your friends who might be and others in the community would be a huge help!

Thanks for putting in all the work for new guides and testing @Vills, hopefully, one day my Rogue will be in there going stabby-stab. :space_invader:

3 Likes

Hope they fix it.

4 Likes

Hope this is fixed for you guys soon! I’m glad to have been able to go with you last expansion. Good luck, and please fix this Blizz!!!

Oh yeah, also I hope they let us just do this in Timewalking mode! I’d love to have the acheivement earned on my main toon.

3 Likes

I’ve done Herald in every expansion past Wrath, and this is one of the more absurd iterations it has had. I don’t think the damage technically makes the fight impossible, but it may as well.

I was killing the collapsing stars, their HP seems reasonable to solo with proper gear, but by the time I would have to kill the next star to prevent multiple explosions from happening the raid was just barely getting topped off. Coupled with the fact that tank HP is suspect at any given time it felt like a dice roll on killing the tanks or not.

5 Likes

We’re looking into this guys. Thanks for the reports!

18 Likes

Hotfix went live today:

Ulduar

Algalon

Melee damage reduced by 10%.
Black Hole Explosion damage reduced by 35%.

7 Likes

Thank you all for contributing to the changes made! Runs will be set up soon. <3

4 Likes

Just following up here that changes went live yesterday that should address these issues and make Herald of the Titans obtainable again. If not please let us know so we can look into that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I mean, why is he even scaling anyways? It’s content from 2010. He should be a wet noodle like every other boss. Giving him any type of scaling damage is a mistake on Blizzards behalf because the content is not supposed to act that way. It’s literally an issue with the bosses design if his damage is scaling that way. Otherwise LK and other bosses from Wrath should be 1 shotting people.

He’s not scaling. These people are doing it at level 80 because Blizzard didn’t take away the Herald of the Titans title if you do it at level 80 with proper gear. After 80 it’s no longer doable.

3 Likes

Aye, he was over tuned for people attempting Herald of the Titans - defeat Algalon in a group with no one in the group over level 80 or any non weapon gear over Ilevel 100 (I forget what ilevel weapons can be now.).

3 Likes

Agalon says he wants more Armour and and at least two players on his team , Dwarves or Orks … and for people to stop crying

The squish made almost every wrath item usable, even valanyr is under the ilvl requirement now. Interested to see if it flexes up to 101/102 but I doubt a group is willing to throw an achievement for the sake of science.

2 Likes