Full moon out again...LET'S TALK!

As the full moon is out tonight and the lunatics are already making a mess of the forums…LET’S TALK!

I’ll open up this show and say the following:

Going in for work again today while the remnants of Barry move through. After Barry moves through, it’s going to be too hot to go outside.

Lion King is coming at the theater I work at, and so it will be a case of “all-hands-on-deck”.

And finally, I turn 21 tomorrow. Finally, can’t wait to try my first (and probably last) ice cold beer.

Your turn to discuss. GO!

6 Likes

21 was a strange time for me. See, I grew up in the sticks, and had been less than legally enjoying the occasional drink since I was 15. Thusly, my 21st was more or less just another year for me.

3 Likes

Most people find turning 21 to be anticlimactic. The thrill of drinking without sneaking that beer turns some off. Sigh… Ive turned 21 twice now…

3 Likes

Try hard cider, less of an “acquired taste” and come in a variety of good flavors depending on the company.

That and Frozen Margaritas.

Didn’t really have to sneak anything where I’m from.

If a cop caught you, he’d just tell you to go drink at home and drive off. Hell, you’d probably see the dang cops hanging out at the bonfires with the rest of us. Dang sheriff had his own moonshine still.

4 Likes

Twenty-one. Wow (no pun intended) that was a LONG time ago. Enjoy! The years fly by faster than you know.

Oh, Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Happy birthday! :partying_face:

2 Likes

I would highly recommend crownapple cranberry it’s what I drink in Vegas my cousin told me about it and my gosh that’s good

1 Like

Happy birthday :birthday::balloon:!

On my 21st birthday we took the horses for a spin, then my friends took me to a local bar where they got drunk and I was the designated driver :laughing:. It’s still something we laugh about 10 plus years later.

1 Like

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, …”

2 Likes

When I turned 21 my parents threw me into an arena, I had to fight with 21 different 21’s y/o dudes to past the ritual of adulthood, if were not the last man standing you were demoted to 20 y/o. Some participants looked oddly old.

2 Likes

The full moon is out?
Awooo! :wolf:

3 Likes

This sounds like something that leads to a posting on Instagram that is followed by “thoughts and prayers”.

but…but… it speaks to meeeeeeeeeeee…

and congrats on becoming an adult… oh and quervo is better… well actually patron… but you get the idea.

It’s currently 112F here…hottest part of the day is a couple hours off.

Happy B-Day tomorrow!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your 20’s, it’s all downhill after that.

1 Like

Yeah same here. My 21 was a Aerosmith and Joann Jett concert where the people I was with drank more then I did lol. :grinning:

Also happy early birthday op

I was in the same boat. In fact when I hit 21 I stopped drinking because I was afraid I had a problem. 4 years later I decided I was good and went back to my dear old friends.

:beers:

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Drinking booze and beer can be done at any age so that’s not that important but going to a pub can be a lot of fun.

I miss my pub. I moved away. Just went there for the people as I don’t really like the taste of alcohol or how it turns me into a very small, angry little man who thinks he can fight the world.

Whiskey does that to me. Firewater. I stay away from that. Vodka is nice but it turns me devil red, which is weird.
I just drink tonic water these days.

Only thing i really remember about my 21st birthday was going to a club, drinking way too much, deciding to do a flaming shot, and setting my shirt on fire. Good times!!!

1 Like