PSA: Do NOT Summon other Blingtrons to fight Bling7000!

So I hit Exalted with Rustbolt today and the first thing I did was learn the recipe for Blingtron 7000 and craft it.

I placed it down and announced it in general where it was, and figured, hey, why not summon the other blingtrons and let it kill them so it can get bigger to help it stand out more in the crowd?

Yea, big mistake. For some reason, Blingtron 7000 has 7000 health. Blingtron 5000 has 22,000 health and Blingtron 6000 has 55,000 health.

Needless to say, 7000 was destroyed by 5000 before I could even summon 6000. And now I have a 4 hour cool down before I can summon another one.

16 Likes

That’s a big oof.

Why does the blingtron 7000 have such low HP? Also new blingtron gifts please. Lol

Also, does that mean people can grief anyone dropping a Bling7000 by dropping an eariler version? :frowning:

6 Likes

You played yourself.

5 Likes

Probably an oversight. If you haven’t already, you might want to submit a bug report OP.

1 Like

I did. Just letting others know not to do what I did, cause I see people do it all the time in town.

3 Likes

Good on ya. Sorry it happened to you.

Interesting. Sounds like an oversight. This thread is the sort of constructive information the forums were made for.

Hopefully Blizz addresses this.

It seems like they forgot to scale down the HP of previous Blingtrons when they did a stat squish or something.

2 Likes

Well, you see there was this big layoff at Blizzard which included employees from the QA department so no one was there to notice that they left a 0 off the HP pool.

And you thought he was obsolete…
https://i.imgur.com/DaejR3o.gif

16 Likes

Not going to lie, I was imagining the Bling7000 killing other Blingtrons then develop a taste for blood and then start killing players around it.

11 Likes

Or that.

Either they didnt scale down previous Blings or left off a zero of the newest one.

HA HA :point_right:

there ya go

2 Likes

Maybe I can get a knockoff after 400 tries from the 7?

like most things in the game blingtron has only gotten worse with BFA

2 Likes

Stat squish… :wink:

1 Like

We’ve found the bug here and we’re working on a hotfix for it.

19 Likes

LOL, so it took you only 2 hours to fix this trivial, insignificant problem … how about spending time on REAL problems affecting many players, eg. STUCK IN COMBAT!

4 Likes

I suspect the ‘stuck in combat’ bug is more technically involved than a minor bit of math on an NPC.

7 Likes

I’m all for jumping on Blizzard for not fixing things and not listening but they’ve addressed the stuck in combat bug and I’ll bet its a bit more involved than boosting an NPC’s health and stats.

5 Likes