Today's hotfixes updated (July 3)

Hotfixes blog post is here.

I just wanted to call attention to this:

Items

• Epic gems with a secondary stat now provide 50 of the secondary stat (was 60).

• Developers’ note: The power increase of Epic gems over Rare gems is too large, putting players in situations where the right choice is to use a much lower iLvl item with a socket over a Titanforged upgrade. We’re making this change before Season 3 begins to limit the number of affected players.

2 Likes

Oh look at blizz nerfing gems… what’s new they always do this

13 Likes

Thanks alot… but since we hardly ever get gem sockets anymore jewelcrafting is already dead.

No sets with multiple sockets, no craftable sockets, … whats the sense in even having gems anymore?

You are lucky anymore if 4 or 5 gems actually give a 1% increase… like yay? Alot of players simply dont gem because the increase is so small.

Just do what you really want and get rid of the profession entirely.

You nerf gems but just gave us bodyguards that do way more damage… like i’m completely lost on your logic.

28 Likes

So JCs have something to craft.

Worried about people using a lower item level with a socket over a titanforged item … where to begin

The problem is created by the insane amount of rng. Before items simply did or did not have sockets. Blizzard made both sockets and item level part of rng.

Now they are worried that people obtaining one thing via RNG, a base level item with a socket, will prefer it over another form of rng - something titanforged.

So its bad if players benefit from one form of RNG because they should instead be aiming for another form of rng with a lower probability.

Why not just let players use whatever they want, considering everything they earn is based on rng anyway. You are effectively hurting people because you dislike that RNG benefitted them in an unintended way.

22 Likes

Oh look Blizz trying fix a problem they themselves created with stupid titan/warforging… imagine that almost like it was an aweful decision…

30 Likes

Dogs chasing their tails.

7 Likes

Exactly. Their hotfixing a perceived problem that was completely created by them in the first place.

7 Likes

Are the stats on crafted items going to be adjusted to make up for this adjustment?

1 Like

Isn’t that the point?
Classes still suck but thanks for nerfing Gems, I guess.

15 Likes

A better answer, and one that the community of players has advocated for is REMOVING TITANFORGING.

11 Likes

How does Blizzard expect players to think?

Person gets a weapon with a socket, and apparently, the correct response isnt to put a gem in it. No, apparently the correct response it to ignore it and keep grinding away for a titanforged version, which may never appear, and even if it does, could have zero socket.

Theres a reason we say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. When you get a base weapon with a socket, you should gem it, not ignore it in hopes of something that may never arrive. I mean, the rng of whether it will drop is sufficient. Discounting all drops unless it titanforges is a sure way to make people hate gearing, if they dont already.

The real solution is to remove titanforging or sockets as a form of RNG as opposed to this smoke and wrrors hotfix that simply demonstrates how disconnected the developers are from the players

5 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought weapons were specifically made exempt from titanforging and only capable of getting a warforge?

2 Likes

well received and so on but when are you planning to hotfix pve gear in pvp?

I think you may be right, so I edited my post to use the generic Blizzard term ‘item’ because it doesnt change the point I was making

1 Like

Please please make jewelcrafting useful again no more nerfs.

1 Like

Can’t say I agree with the nerf, but thanks for letting us know. I don’t know why the gap between rare and epic gems being large is necessarily a bad thing and deserved to be nerfed.

2 Likes

Don’t worry I wasn’t going to use the gems nor farm for the titanforges anyway.

It’s all so tiresome.

1 Like

this seems like a super simple thing for the devs to have forecast prior to release

I’m really losing confidence in these guys

4 Likes

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Jewel crafting getting DP’ed, yet again.

2 Likes