8.2 What are you enjoying most?

Mount equipment is a nice addition.

and i’ll let you know how the raid/dungeon are when they release.

8.2 isnt bad/horrible its just nothing special or anything we havent seen so far.

I like the idea of new abilities via heart of azeroth (best we can get for now) and I hope they expand it offering multiple choices rather than just the 1. I think this is an opportunity to expand class abilities and character choices. Obviously if you plan to min/max everyone will look the same but its a step in the right direction.

that one WQ where you need to untangle chest. I like this minigame

8 Likes

/spit-takes all over his screen. “Is that so? Huh, first I’ve heard of it.” :wink: :wink:

Hope the instances are nice for everyone… but since all my regular teammates quit right after Uldir, I doubt I’ll see them more than once. If at all.

4 Likes

Looking for essences, upgrading them, doing BGs for the honor to upgrada my Bis Essence, farming on Mechagon with my friends, i can get Nazjatar done, every day i go, there is a ton to do. Very happy witj 8.2

3 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one!

I’ve been so pleased by the music.

16 Likes

Killing myself every time I pull a group of mobs at Nazjatar, it takes much less time to run from the graveyard than killing a bunch of NPCs with inflated HP.

24 Likes

Only real gripe I have with Nazjatar is that the warmode event never feels close. To me, it always seems that the winner is the side with 5x more players in the zone. Repeatedly getting demolished 30k-700 because the horde have 40-60 players to the alliance having 12 is not what I call fun.

7 Likes

It’s better than the selfie camera patch

8 Likes

I’m enjoying how the story is rolled out. It’s seems spaced out more and I like that. I did my first sweep of each new location, then came back to Naz to find more story to enjoy.

I like the return of dailies on a small scale. I think one of the things that made dailies suffer in MoP was the size of the continent. That got me thinking about how World Quests feel like a grind on the main islands as well. Not enough, and you wish there were more, too much and now you “have to grind”.

Moving forward I wonder if they would try rotating zones for dailies. I find the set we have now in the two new zones just about the right load. But if they were in every zone, I’d burn out quickly. So if they ever go back to a dailies format in an expac, I’d limit how many zones have dailies up at one time.

I also am enjoying the quests that are intended to be slowly completed as you move through the world. The type of quest that is like your friend calling out: “Hey next time you are at the store, pick up ‘x’, will you?” Very low key, and then you stumble upon one of the items and go: “Ah! Found it!”.

Anyway. That’s all I have so far. Just finished the bit with the little lion.

2 Likes

Yeah the music is great, very fond of it.
Not fond of the time gating.

7 Likes

Everyone always talks about how much the art team lifts up wow and carries it, but the music people should get some credit as well, it fits really well and it’s relaxing. I cranked up game sounds for the music and it’s been nice running around killing nagas and listening to some music that kind of reminds me west world’s music in tempo with the piano bits.

And to the OP: The forums are full of a lot of salty people, and not everyone’s tastes are the same, if you like exploration and you’ve enjoyed the story this expansion, the new areas are fairly enjoyable, outside the pacing when you run out of stuff to do.

That being said, even when I ran out of dailies and world quests I still found myself exploring every nook and cranny and kept finding item quests that dropped off things and new areas.

I think as this patch goes on, the depth will flesh out more, and the scenario for the war campaign is pretty neat too!

6 Likes

Fix WPVP sharding for Nazj. It’s ruining this xpac for patch for me.

6 Likes

I’m enjoying leveling and avoiding the current train wreck until they have time to rethink a few things.

6 Likes

I got one of the warbringers cinematic last night in nazjatar. I always enjoy the fantastic dark art work by that artist.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. Once I get the stupid rep requirement done, it will be much like TI, and Tannan jungle, and will never go back. 8.2 in a nutshell. Lets place annoying mobs every 5 feet to make up for the lack of wq’s in the two zones lol.

10 Likes

The Xal’atath questline is interesting. I haven’t finished it yet though.

Nazjatar has about the normal amount of WQs as other zones.

Mechagon isn’t designed to have WQs like other zones, which is why it doesn’t. There are multiple dailies rotated around the zone, but Mechagon is basically all about camping/killing rares and building random things – most will work on their mount(s) and wait for the megadungeon to open.

OMG Ikr? Tried pulling a couple murlocs and I had about 20 on me lol

2 Likes

Honestly, nothing. Presumably once I unlock flying I won’t be so annoyed by the new zones, but possibly not. The new zones just make me feel guilty for not working on them, but I’m not having fun in them. Meanwhile, doing older BFA content feels pointless.

13 Likes