My brain is painful - runes

i cannot align 5 yellow runes in a row, my brain is painful now! i have tried for 20 mins!

14 Likes

Agree, this “Candy Crush Saga” type of gameplay isn’t for everyone and not everyone has played Candy Crush or any likes of those type of games. It’s disheartening that Blizzard would considered creating such time consuming mini game. Especially the probability of having 5 Yellow Runes come together is astronomical.

True story…Before the server shut down this morning, I was assisted with much needed guidance where to find the Water Logged Chest and when I did, server was shutting down in 15 min. So, racking my brain for 15 min straight trying to get 5 yellow runs in a row which was painful and obviously time consuming. I’m sure there are Candy Crush God’s out there that can figure this out in seconds if not min. To the average person who do not have that type of “strategy” or “time” is very daunting. I actually was able to get 4 Yellow Runes in a row after 10 min only to be “crushed” by 3 falling Purple Runes ruining my chances of getting another row like that.

I would HIGHLY suggest Blizzard patch these mini games to where you need to match 3 runes of the same color 4 times. Example, x3 yellow, x3 red, x3 blue, x3 purple, x3 green. It would be much simpler to convey that and higher probability of matches than try to match “5 yellow runes in a row”.

Another issue is when you are in these mini games, there is NO EXIT button for you to leave/reset the mini game. I actually has to Hearthstone my way out and when I did, it glitched as if I was still in the mini game. Thankfully, after 1 min, the game recognized I was back in Najatar Inn.

Defiantly something Blizzard needs to be aware of and investigate.

21 Likes

They’re not time-consuming once you figure them out. I think it’s a good idea to have quests that get players to use their brains.

9 Likes

You can exit by right-clicking off the buff that the game gives you. But yeah the exit mechanic should be more obvious.

14 Likes

Ur joking right? Match 3 runes to “crush them” to let more runes to fall while deciding to align the next 3, 4, 5 etc runes and hopefully get your “Match 5 yellow runes in a row” isn’t time consuming? You do understand these are randomized drops and anyone of them can “crush” your 4 in a row runes to possibly destroy your chances of obtaining your 5th rune right?

Understand where I’m coming from as a person and those who don’t play these type of “mobile games” and yes, it becomes very frustrating to the average person who don’t have the godly touch playing “Candy Crush” all day to master WoW Crush. Sorry, this mini game in 8.2 is definitely receiving more negative feedback than “I love WoW Candy Crush, good job Blizzard!!” positive vibes. Count how many “positive” and “negative” feedbacks you’ve viewed in the last 24hrs and tally up your results. In fact, I’ll help you out…negative/disapproval feedback for this mini game is roughly 95% negative and majority of players not in favor of this type of mini game. Not because they don’t have the critical thinking skills, it’s because players do not like to be locked behind time gates. I really hope you’ve played Vanilla WoW and beyond to understand what time gating is.

As some have stated, I’d rather conduct 5 Walk on Air Kirin Tor WQ"s than sit around for 15 min trying to play Candy Crush.

Sure, it helps people use their “critical thinking” skills but not everyone is attuned or have the patients to sit around to play these mini games.

3 Likes

I have actually, you’re making a big deal over nothing.

3 Likes

Ya man i dont play candy crush. I didnt mind the match 3 but hell the yellow i gave up after 15 mins haha.

5 Likes

omg…I totally hate that game. In the end I just kept clicking on any groups of threes I could find and hoped for the best. No strategy. With trying strategy I was there for 30 min. After that I said, ‘heck with it’, just spammed as fast as I could and got it.
:crazy_face:

1 Like

I hardly ever played candy crush which is why i am TERRIBLE at these quests…now BUBBLE SHOOTER on the other hand…Cmon Blizz!!! :slight_smile:

What quest is this? I’ve done all the quests on my map, and I didn’t come across this one.

It’s a world quest. Rune Locked Chest.

To be fair, it’s not mandatory anyway? It’s an optional world quests that you can choose to do or not do. You miss out on the reward and 75 rep, but it’s not a big deal.

I was frustrated but I pushed through it eventually. But if I spent too long on it, I just would’ve stopped. Having world quest options for people is not a bad thing; let people enjoy it.

3 Likes

It’s located in the upper left area of Najatar “Water Logged Chest”. You need to align 5 yellow runes to unlock the chest. Yea…

WARNING: Smooth brains will tell you that it can be done in seconds. Because it’s all about “strategy” instead of probability. :rofl::joy:

That one didn’t come up for me, I literally cleared my whole map of regular and world quests. Weird.

Odd. I did it about 2 hours ago.

It definitely took some time. Basically, you want to combine other colors to make yellow tokens drop down to give you the 5 in a row.

Frustrating, but not terrible, imo.

I was just upset that I scored a “T” last night and it didn’t trigger the win.

Do the WQ say “five in a row”, or “five at once”?

In a row. T does not count.

1 Like

2 sets of 2 with one space in the center. Then drop a 5th in the center. Seriously, it’s ezpz

2 Likes

We got some real Bobby Fisher’s here huh!! :joy::rofl:

1 Like