Did bliz change the starting weapon in nazjatar ilvl?

On the forum people are saying (along with the typical eletist clap trap) that completing the quest is not giving a 415 weapon but a 370 weapon.

Before I log in and then you correct it I have decided to wait until a blue confirms it is now intended to be a downgrade instead of upgrade weapon for all my max level characters.

Can I get a blue answer one way or the other?

3 Likes

Man, you are apt to be waiting a good long while on that.

19 Likes

Just for reference

At about 50 second mark

A blue will not answer you.

The reward was nerfed and likely only set as high as it was on the PTR for testing purposes.

It’s just a weapon to let new/returning players and fresh alts jump into the content more quickly.

They were never going to give everyone who logs in a freebie weapon of 8.2 Normal Raid quality.

7 Likes

There is a reason it is called the public TEST realm. Nothing on there should be taken as set in stone. I mean if you actually thought they were going to hand you a 415 weapon for an introduction quest that you do NOTHING in, you were expecting too much.

12 Likes

Well, clearly they WERE going to.

Then people cried, and it got nerfed into the ground.

18 Likes

Or, they were testing how the zone played out for people with high end gear?

5 Likes

Yeah, was looking forward to an upgrade. May as well just be a little extra gold, since I’m still stuck with a crappy dagger.

2 Likes

Wonders who will put in a cancel sub post about it :joy:

5 Likes

No. That’s what character copy is for, and 415 is far from “high end gear” especially in the context of 8.2.

The way the mini-boss you have to kill to get your first essence is tuned, I’d almost say they put the weapon at 415 for that, and then forgot to tune that boss down a bit to account for the nerf, actually.

5 Likes

you might be waiting just a bit lol

1 Like

Classic aug 27

Unsub until then.

I"m not doing more crap in BFA and this is a nasty taste in my mouth.

They had to know people saw this and would expect it.

A simple post on it before launch would have let me forget about being hopeful for a decent weapon for my main, who has finally from the quest yesterday a 395 weapon, up from a 376 WF 2 hander, I gave up on getting something for my rogue and he’s just loafing

Guess I can unsub until aug, then resub

Gotta make a decision.

11 Likes

If you want a response to this best way is to tweet WarcraftDevs - not a guaranteed response but they do answer some questions there.

Into the ground? That’s a bit melodramatic

1 Like

Is it? We had emissary quests just the other day giving out ilvl 395 weapons. So yes, nerfing a 415 down FORTY FIVE item levels is nerfing the reward into the ground. It turns it into vendor trash for the vast majority of players.

If they’d dropped it down to a 395 I would have understood, but 370 is just bizarre. It’s like someone forgot we’re 11 months into the expansion.

12 Likes

You’re saying the entirety of your 8.2 experience depended on obtaining a mythic raid weapon from a 5 minute intro quest.

You’re not unsubbing.

Quit crying and go enjoy the patch.

5 Likes

Anything on the PTR is subject to change before it goes live. Since it never went live as 415, it’s incorrect to call it a nerf. It got changed last minute, sure, but such is life.

3 Likes

Yes, it is.

You have no way of knowing what the majority has or doesn’t have. 370 is fine for a 5 min quest.

1 Like

It’s kinda useless.

Mobs there hit kinda hard and need to die quick. My poor pet’s getting mangled.

4 Likes

Well to be fair, that is only true if you are close to 390 ilvl to begin with. For example my DK alt the rewards was only 390, because his ilvl is a little behind. That said, no one should have expected a 415 for a couple minute introduction quest that you do nothing in.