203 MM/BM hunter N 7/10 LF Casual Progressive No Benching Guild

I am an older player (age 60+), play a MM/BM hunter, and am sick and tired of so-called casual progressives that bench their raiders, instead of plugging w/ the team no matter how many tries to get a difficult boss down. Also lets define Carrying & what it’s not. Carrying is when a high lvl player takes a low lvl player through a dungeon (eg. lvl 60 taking lvl 20 through Deadmines). It is not carrying when a group of level 60s are all killing the same boss, and some people may be lower on dps. The people who are lower are still shooting at the boss and participating in the fight. They may have lower gear, etc., but they are still a part of the raid group and contribute to it. I’m getting older and I happen to be a perceptual dyslexic so that disorder also affects logic, memory, and response times for me when it comes to this game. Puzzles, mazes, and memorizing boss fights from reading multiple guides is an impossibility for me. I learn fights from explanations at the boss and doing the fight w/ a team. I’m not the best hunter, but not the worst either. I have been in guilds w/ no-bench raid teams in the past and have done some mythic fights w/ those teams also. So now I want a guild where both the GM and Raid Leader have a NO-BENCH EVER Team, and both GM and Raid Leader will never change the team from that. I am available to raid M-F (7-10 pm, no later time, hubby gets up at 4 a.m. for work) and on weekends have grand-daughter here at times who sleeps in my computer room at 7:30). Yes, I would like to do some Mythic raiding if team finishes AOTC and time allows for it, but I’m NOT expecting CE at all. I am not a lover of keystones and don’t want a guild that forces people to do them. I reluctantly do some, but really hate dungeons. I desire a guild that has an active discord where people are on it chatting during the daytime (hate typing), and have a good number of people online during the day to do things w/. I have played my hunter main since the tail end of Vanilla (also have a 56 hunter in Classic), and was originally on Dunemaul for many years before transferring to Stormrage since I live on the E. Coast and wanted an E. Coast guild. I have been a recruitment officer for 7 guilds (have a knack for it, have a B.S. in Psych.) and was a Co-GM also of one guild. I am extremely loyal in guilds, and only leave ever if a guild dissolves, changes raid time or how grp. will run, GM or Raid leader get me peeved enough to leave. I’ll also be bringing to any guild I join my 4 alts (non-raiders, only professions).

I normally don’t comment on posts like this but after looking, you do 1-2k on average for a hunter which is pretty low…it’s almost always a rotational issue…from what i can tell from your raiding history, you are on Sludgefist which is a dps check encounter…you have to be doing at least 4-5k…imo you can wipe as much as you want learning an encounter because eventually you will learn and down it…but if you can’t do fights with a dps check for the encounter, there’s no point in doing it at all…I know that guilds bench people who are stopping the raid from progressing, there’s nothing wrong with that imo…RL’s and GM’s are doing what’s in the best interest of those other people…btw im 45 with a learning disability :slight_smile: good luck to you

The raid I was in was a Sunday coffee run w/ the guild I was formally in that didn’t have a raid spot for me & the group was learning Sludgefist for the 1st time. We had 1 short try before the group broke up at raid end time. Also my rotation is fine. MM who do 4-5k are either heroically or high mythic key geared. I’m not.

Hey Laruin. I do recruitment for my guild Lords of the Dead. We’re currently 9/10H and should be starting mythic content shortly. Just looking for the last 2 dps spots to fill out our team. We currently raid tuesday and wednesday 9-12 EST. Gear and dps don’t matter as much to us at this point, moreso people who can show up and follow directions and mechanics. We do look at logs and help everyone improve if we see things that might help since we are a raiding-oriented guild. We also run a thusday night rbg event and sunday alt heroic raid night as well as m+ keys for people interested in those. If that sounds interesting to you or you have additional questions, feel free to add my btag Kevin#1996

Not looking to start a debate on it, just wanted to reach out and let you know about the ilvl% rating.

On your most recent shriekwing (just as an example) if you go to the fight itself you can see how you performed as a player of your class, at your ilvl (for example, my low ilvl prot pally can’t compete with high ilvl prot pallies, but among my ilvl, I parse high). At your ilvl you are pulling around the 15%.

Some things that will help you: Chimera shot is a weird talent for mm because of its damage thresholds. I would suggest steady focus if you want max potential for a little bit more work, or streamline if you want less buffs to track but still decent extra damage. The extra focus you get from running steady focus is very helpful. Also lock n load is helpful if the spec feels like it has too many buttons to track.

I am currently helping my roommate learn mm hunter and my dps is about 2200 without playing the spec on an ilvl 185ish hunter with these talents.

I haven’t used chimera for quite some time now. On Beta & when CN came out hunters were using chimera in their rotation, but I saw a switch on hunters on my details on what they were using later & made the change to streamline in that talent line, Another problem for hunters this xpac has been mostly every piece of gear has haste & versatility, instead of crit. & mastery. I’ve heard many complain about that.

Ok but you are the one who said you wanted to do heroic/mythic raiding and I simply pointed out that 1-2k dps won’t cut it :slight_smile:

I’ve done some mythic raiding before, not lf CE at all. Last xpac downed Wrathion in a pug grp. & always went to Odisette’s mythic trash raids. Was also asked earlier by a GM to join her guild. She runs a no-bench group, she told me, but her raid days & times weren’t a fit for me or I would have joined her guild, so that type of raiding & guilds DO EXIST.

I can be reached either in-game from about 12N on, and sometimes after dinner from about 6:30-8pm, or you may post about your guild in this forum and I will contact you if a fit.

Found a guild.

I am just going to chime in because I just can’t help it. I have been running a guild with the help of many amazing people along the way since before wow was even released. I say this just so it is clear I have a lot of experience running guilds and raids. In different expansions we have had different goals - clearing mythic, aotc, etc.

In this expansion we are focused on aotc and I have not had to sit anyone yet. But I would if their low dps was the one thing holding back the rest of the group. I’d do it nicely and I’d do it with side helping of constructive advice on how to improve. But I would definitely do it.

I don’t care if someone is putting up low numbers. It has been my experience that people who want to do better can do that with some mentoring and a little personal effort. It’s just hitting keys in the right sequence or in response to the right thing. For some people it is easier than others, but everyone can do it if they work at it. Helping people figure it out is one of the rewarding things about being a raid leader.

But what I can’t stand is people that won’t try. You point out things they are doing wrong or things to work on and instead of a 'Thanks I’ll work on that" you get a dozen excuses on why they can’t.

Several people here have given you outstanding advice on how to help yourself. It has been pointed out that among MM hunters with they same ilvl as you, 85% of them are pulling more dps. It has been pointed out that your talents don’t seem ideal.

For all of these you have argued against the advice. The worst kind of raider is one that refuses to take advice and wants to be ‘carried’ by the others on the team that are putting in the individual effort that they refuse to do. You may not like that word but it is appropriate. A boss fight at it’s most reduced level is a raid team being capable of doing x amount of damage with y amount of healing to overcome said boss. That means your dps have to average a high enough amount. If that average is 4k dps and you are doing 1k dps, someone on the team is covering you and you are definitely being carried.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find a good fit. But I personally believe that you are going to have a hard time doing that unless you do some self examining and take on the challenge of being a better teammate for your raid.

5 Likes