We’re a 2004 Horde launch guild located on Thrall, originally from Sargeras. If you want a stable, long-term guild and a good community of people, give us a look. I’ve been in the guild since Vanilla and have been the GM since TBC. I’m fiercely loyal to the guild. I look for people who fit well and meet the following:
- Like raiding and are committed to it, regardless of how “good” the tier is
- Have no problem keeping up with systems - reps, sockets, conduits, vault, keys, etc.
- Are near 100% reliable on raid nights - are punctual and on time
- Have a desire to achieve Cutting Edge
- Are somewhat communicative, at least when necessary
- Are calm, patient, and somewhat positive - some bosses are overtuned and not fun
- Admit their mistakes and work to improve themselves - don’t be defensive
- Balance WoW with life - don’t burn out, implode, yell at others
- Have responsibilities and interests outside of WoW
- Are self-reliant and take initiative
- See themselves playing WoW long-term into the future
- Want to play retail WoW, not “Classic” versions of it
- Have full control of their Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights
Our guild raids two nights on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00-11:30 eastern, for a total of seven hours per week. Being free Wednesday nights is a big plus as this become our third or alternate raid night if needed. I do calls for the raid team as 21st man for mythic raids as of SoD. We also use Sunday night as an optional night where we farm normal, heroic, and/or older mythic content for mounts for a while. I consider our Thrall rankings to be competitive since many mythic raiding guilds collapse and/or have more rigorous requirements. We consistently rank in the 90-96th percentile among all guilds on Thrall, and 80-87th percentile among mythic raiding guilds on Thrall. CE is something we work towards each tier. My main objective as GM is to maintain a stable guild and raid. I try to bring in good people, keep the guild active, and keep us engaged in mythic content long-term.
Our most recent mythic progression is 10/10 SoD, 10/10M CN, 12/12M Ny’alotha, 6/8M EP, 8/9M BoD, 6/8M Uldir, 11/11M Antorus, 5/9M ToS, 8/10M NH, 2/3M ToV, and 7/7M EN. I have made several improvements to the raid team to improve upon these prior records. Our U.S. rankings have steadily improved over time, although this is not my objective. We’ve raided every tier of every expansion with the exception of parts of TBC when all of our leadership left. Regarding mythic+ dungeons, there are many people who run them. We previously completed all gold medal challenge modes in Mists and Warlords. We have many players that like pushing high keys of at least +20.
Please add me on on Discord @ Wretchedmist#7609 and on Bnet @ Wretchedmist#1868 if you want to talk about our guild or raid team. Discord is best. I will respond to you and have a conversation. I hope you consider joining our community.
Thank you for your time,
Wretchedmist, GM of Obsidian Spur