2 types of BG- scaling and non scaling -

There seems to be 2 camps of people in this battleground debate people have geared and people who have not.

so to get around that madness you could run 2 seperate queues and then the people themselves will tell you what they want to do more all you will have to do is look at the que times.

Yall always trying to separate queues instead of getting gear.

2 Likes

Or people just want to PVP for fun and for their gear…

4 Likes

the effect is the same in the end, people spending all their time gearing can’t queue for pvp and the queue times get longer.

one thing it seems the devs just dont understand: pvpers do not want to pvp as teh end game of gearing, they want to pvp as the game itself. this means they want to queue up for game after game after game after game, day after day after day. they do not want pvp to be the thing you do at the end of your session after you have spent your time building your toon.

IMO, ilvl should be equalized in pvp and gear shouldn’t matter ever.

3 Likes

except the PVE guys want to roflstomp the pvp guys because they “put in the time”. they don’t want a fair fight, just a place to flex

1 Like

Breaking news , winning feels Good

In random battlegrounds it should be a free for all a place where players can show off the efforts of gear progression based game ( feel like a hero) as mmo advertise

In rated games that’s where gear shouldn’t matter and more rewards need to be introduced

1 Like

wouldn’t that be what world PVP would be for?

an organised que based game mode where people opt in to spend their time in a competitive arena should have at least the Illusion of being a fair fight,

the argument for RATED makes no sense this requires people to have premade groups and doesn’t take into account the solo pug player.
The current system is just too punishing for your PUGs and will result in larger que times.

1 Like

Just tired of seeing people coming into the battleground with less than half the HP of their peers. It’s like chucking a 5 yo into highschool.

2 Likes

You can include that but not exclusive

MMORPG.

Not single player game,

This way of thinking dismisses an entire portion of the wow player base who are also subscribers to the product and if anything shows that your thoughts/opinions don’t consider things like a healthy BG comunity or other players of the product that you enjoy.

it is a selfish mindset if you want your product to survive you should appeal to your players by giving them the choice of ques not listening to people defending their stomping grounds on the forums.

1 Like

You mean the two times a decade they do BGs? Yeah I guess.

I’ve seen people bring up this is a MMO in so many odd ways lately, but this has to be the weirdest by far. You can’t just say “my idea is bad but xD it’s an MMO!” for every horrible idea/opinion.

Either way, gear gaps are out of control(up to 300% differences - KMMO tier), and Blizzard needs to bring back gear scaling or give PvPers some type of huge gear advantage from JUST honor gear if they don’t want PvP to be completely dead in Shadowlands.

Currently it looks like Shadowlands will be the worst PvP expansion yet, completely raid or die for PvP AND PvE and forcing anyone who wants to progress their character purely into raids, which are a dying game mode in 2020.

There’s going to be some huge panic come 9.1 when MAU’s are at an all time low due to Blizzards complete obsession with raid or die. There will be tons of angry shareholders demanding answers to such low MAU’s and incredibly low user engagement.

Yes lets have more division in an MMO :man_facepalming: :smirk:

We shouldn’t even have experience off Ques that ruined participation and a vital part of the PvP community since Twink PvP is so important.

How about since this is a gear based game and we are here because of gear you go out and get gear… /solved

Scaling and Templates have no place in an RPG game. It’s Anti WoW. Asking for separate Ques is selfish.

1 Like

Asking for a separate Que would be democratic it would put the power in the people’s hands we would all soon see which one more people want to do and you could just Que for both if you don’t care so the only effect is that the less popular and wanted idea happens less often.

everyone gets what they want
PUGS dont get put off from queing up for BGs
less pissing and moaning about how my idea is better in a forum.

No it wouldn’t. Asking for separate Que’s destroys a game that has already been bad for many expansions and years even more. The very best version of this game was TBC thru Cata. We need to go back to that. Not have more division ruining PvP.

This isn’t true at all look at Twink PvP which is vital to this game. That aspect had died out and they haven’t gotten anything that they want. You want to divide it further would only ruin PvP for even more people.

We still need to combine Experience off and on BGs again to revitalize PvP. You couldn’t be more wrong about PvP and how to increase participation. We increase participation by going back to what worked when the game was great. More separation only hurts more than it already has.

Top 3 worst decisions in PvP are Templates, Scaling, Separate Exp off Ques. Wish we could go back and stop someone from ruining the game with these systems. None of these should be in this game and are Anti WoW.

there’s always enough people at endgame for 2 types of random BGs. One should have equalized gear/stats (BUT NOT DULL STATS LIKE LEGION; more-so like WoD wargame specific gear) and the other should have real gear advantage. The one with equalized stats would be more ranked. Just my 2 cents. It’s like Playing Halo vs playing Destiny. In Halo, it’s fair game. In Destiny you unlock stuff and show it off.

1 Like

iv seen your response across multiple forums at this point and it’s plain as day that what you enjoy out of PVP is what is essentially a NUMBER GREATER THAN game not a game of skill, reflex and tactical desision making.
If that’s how you enjoy your RPGs then that’s fine and in world pvp yeah geared people should destroy

But its obvious you dont care about your fellow WOW players who have diferent intrests and needs from your own and I honestly hope everything evens out after pre patch.
im 4 Ilvls different from your character so i get the appeal of nuking your oponent and when we que as a 5 man it’s just nasty but it’s not sustainable these types of games will not last people will stop queuing up and then we will be left with huge BG timers.

Of course I do Twink PvP matters and has been a vital part of PvP since vanilla. Eliminate separate Que so Twink PvP can make a come back and bring all that fun back into the game that made WoW so amazing as an RPG. It seems like it is YOU that doesn’t care about your fellow WoW players.

BG Que participation goes up from not eliminating groups from being allowed to Que. If we remove experience off Ques and combine them again the lower brackets and all brackets will flourish with more players.

So you wanting additional separate Que is just dooming us to repeat horrific history that destroyed PvP in this game. The majority of players don’t want separate Que, Templates, Scaling.

Mate, do you work for the Paper or something? your cherry-picking sections of a sentence.
You would represent a section of players who care about this which I have acknowledged in previous posts.

We already segragated people between Wow and Classic Wow which we can agree hurt the player base in the Current edition but the addition of another say 10 man BG que wouldnt ruin your playerbase it would just spread it out. and blizzard could just adjust rewards to be higher in the less popular one to encourage players.
I for one would que for both so my BG experiance would stay the same as i would be in same pool of players as it is now.
for picky people, their BG experiance would endure a longer Que time but thats going to happen in a worse way if everyone stops Queuing up.

in the long term it would help make matches closer which is exactly what you want.
Nothing feels better than a close win or close loss especialy if your invested in the outcome. STOMPING and BEING STOMPED is not entertaining for most players especialy for STOMPED ones.

as it currently stands your opinion is
— people who played version 1 of this game know how to play a RPG BG and are correct.
— people who enjoyed Legion and other editions of wow BG that had a tighter scaling are wrong and should leave.
There is no room for compromise there is no way we can all enjoy the same game.

People aren’t going to stop Queing up and is your misguided opinion. The best PvP happened before Templates/Scaling and now the best PvP has a chance to happen again. SL PvP is saved now and has a chance with scaling gone.

We have that and it’s called RBGs. Where you pick your team mates around the same gear and experience level to compete against other players in the same MMR.

Casual PvP isn’t competitive… it never will be competitive because it isn’t supposed to be. It’s designed for casual fun where you are always going to have lop sided battles and many Que up because of that.

Legion was the worst PvP expansion but don’t take my word for it take the Devs and Ion.

“We understand that templates removed the RPG aspect of the game which you are correct. We understand that the majority of players disliked templates because it removed the RPG aspect of the game and…WE AGREE WITH YOU.”

Ion stated that Templates were a mistake and bad for the game agreeing with the majority of the playerbase. No we shouldn’t have something that was massively hated or waste resources on it just because you and a vocal minority think it has a place in this game.

We should spend resources on NEW or Improved BG maps, Class design and things that matter in PvP.

So seeing as your the biggest critic of these system I was thinking of other work arounds. What issues do you see in a hybrid system?
example- 10 man BG
system scoops the highest 4 Ilvls across both teams to a total of 8
find the average I lvl and reduce by a value of say 4 or so I lvls
then anyone who doesnt meet that I lvl base gets scaled to it
everyone else above that Ilvl Base keeps their gear stats ( so no scaling )
Game on! people can run alts and other team comps new players get a leg up
veterans keep their gear seperiority.