2 quick questions about levelling for new players

Thank you for your time in advance!

1. Can you make a new player (new account) skip the obligatory levelling through BFA content using party sync and/or the recruit teleport?

2. If it is possible, which xpack would you recommend for us lore-wise?

My friend wants to try WoW; I was just thinking that maybe if I create a low level character and with that character I choose an xpack other than BFA, then party sync, maybe my friend who has a new account would sync to my chosen xpack; wanted to confirm if that’s possible.

I’d like them to skip BFA as that storyline would feel kinda incomplete and doesn’t seem too appealing (for me). I was thinking that maybe Legion levelling would be more fun, from the perspective of artifact weapons quests and the self contained narrative that some of their zones have, and the Burning Legion is an easy enemy to understand in concept.

My second option would be Cataclysm as that makes you travel around Azeroth and Kalimdor (this is awesome!) with small self-contained storylines, although compared to the voiced acted quests to Legion and their overall dated-ness makes me hesitate a bit.

I know Draenor is the fastest theoretically, but I’m not looking for speed; rather I want to enjoy levelling slowly with them and taking our time (that’s how we play other games).

Also, it’s been a while since I played, actually quit WoW for a while, so if I’m misremembering something about BFA or Legion, do let me know. Thanks a lot!

I have no idea how party sync would interact, and I would probably avoid summoning someone off of exile’s reach to avoid weirdness. (Assuming it even works.)

A new player will have to play through Exile’s Reach and the BfA intro up through getting the “Come Sail Away”/“Welcome to Zandalar” achievement before they will have access to any other content. (The starting quests won’t be available at all.) The intros really don’t take all that long, so it’s not a big deal, and it give access to the Boralus/Zuldazar portal rooms which are helpful at lower levels.

After that, they can do stuff for any other expansion, but until they have a 50 on the account, they will not have access to Chromie Time, so the content won’t scale. (They can also start a new character using any of the racial starting zones, or any later characters that do Exile’s Reach will get a dialog option when they get to Stormwind/Org to end the tutorial and move on without doing the BfA intro.

Legion scales naturally to 45, so you should still be getting enough XP after that to get to 48 to start Shadowlands. So, that would be my choice for someone who wants to do a full expansion to level without access to Chromie Time.

Sorry it took me so long to answer, but wanted to thank you, this actually worked. My friend is having a blast with the Legion stuff :slight_smile:

As general feedback for anyone lurking:

Only sad part was explaining that artifact weapons are not going to be a main game feature, but didn’t matter too much in the end.

Also, doing the mandatory BFA introduction was a bit iffy, as it was too disjointed story-wise from everything else, but it didn’t matter in the end as well. Hopefuly Blizz doesn’t make it mandatory in the future.

I think that even if it only scales up to 45, the Suramar questline is long enough to get us to 48 or even more, where you can pickup Shadowlands, and there is even Argus, although I don’t think we will make it that far.

Also, we probably are gonna take a stop and do the class mounts quests (pretty sure they are still available). Honestly the class flavor, the Legion as enemies, invasions and more is a million times better than whatever BFA offers as questing experience.

1 Like