2 questions

Anecdotally, I seem to often see people asking for Fury warriors, Warlocks, and Healers for raiding groups.

I like to associate them with viability.

It’s a chad build.

Thank you all for the replies, The reason why I asked these questions was because the server i am on is Westfall, which is a server with way more Alliance players than horde players and i didn’t know if i should move to a different server. And the answer your questions.

1. i don’t care if it has a horde majority i just want to know if it has a vary active pve scene and i want it to be on a pve server.
  2. I am torn between DS/Ruin warlock or warrior tank and i wanted to know want which was more popular in the replies to this post.

It seems that while DPS warriors are often in need, raid groups tend to already have tanks decided when they form. My guess is that a lot of warriors would prefer to tank. It seems like one of the harder spots to find an opening for.

Is two Two-Hander warrior good for Dps or is duel better?

incendious is pretty balanced.

It depends a little on gear, hit, build, etc, but typically you’ll go dual wield fury for PVE dps, and 2 handed arms for PVP. Mortal Strike is a very good debuff for PVP, and not as important on raid bosses.

Magey’s WIKI https://github.com/magey/classic-warrior/wiki/Attack-table has a lot of useful info regarding warriors.

DB + Flurry axe is top parse.
BRE with slam macro is 99%.

Play what you enjoy/loot from the boss. 70% of your damage on a warrior comes from world buffs/consumes. Top parses come from fight length alone.

I think i know what i want to do know. i am going to stay on my current server as a warlock to see how good the pve is and if i don’t like it i will change servers and play as a warrior.

2 Likes

Heartseeker

Priest, Warrior and Mage.

You need one or two actual prot warriors in a raid, the rest can be fury/prot or full fury and OT just fine as necessary. It’s hard to find a spot as a raid member because there’s so few spots available.

Also, not a lot of people want to tank in classic, that’s why they get to reserve orbs and sell themselves out for a run. Tanking in classic does involve a leadership role.

Grobbulus is also balanced. In fact there may be a few more alliance.

And the alliance are actually very angry and gank a lot. There’s also plenty of folks still leveling toons so you’ll encounter some wpvp in Hillsbrad and STV from time to time.

And yeah the bigger guilds are always ISO dps warriors, or mages.

There’s a lot of spots for DPS warriors, and Healer, from what I’ve been seeing. Also warlocks, incidentally.

I was speaking more anecdotally, from my own experience looking as a Horde Warrior and Alliance Paladin. than actual data gathered, but almost every raid team I’ve seen (or raided with) seems to say, “We could use more DPS warriors.”

I’ve never seen (or raided with) a group explicitly lacking tanks.

As a fellow Westfall player I have to ask: why do you want to transfer as faction balance doesn’t matter on a pve server? I had to transfer to Westfall because my friends didn’t like PvP, so I guess I just don’t understand if there’s no PvP implications.

2h is definitely a lot more fun and I find myself getting more rage with 2h

Yeah sorry I was specifically talking finding a raid as a tank, fury DPS is highly sought after in raids. Not so much in dungeons, which I almost exclusively tank because even when they say they just need DPS about 50% of the time I don’t get an invite or a response after whispering. Sometimes I get lucky in an UBRS run, but I’m still tanking that 90% of the time.

1 Like

the reason why i was thinking about transferring is because of a lack of horde players on this server compared to other servers.

1 Like

mankrik seems to be the horde pve server. so my suggestion if you’re gonna transfer to make a level 1 and run it to org and check it out.

Hello friend,

If you are still looking for a server/guild may I suggest Whitemane ? We are always looking to recruit warriors and warlocks!

Also thank you to Holymary for the shoutout!

Best regards

But only if it’s a male with the really long hair.