2 bugs? Store Mount and Recruit a Friend

Hi, I have a question regarding two things that I wonder may be bugged.

I purchased a mount as a gift for a friend (Enchanted Fey Dragon) on July 5th, 2020. He has not yet received it. He has checked his email, his spam, his character, etc. We are both very confused. I tried opening a ticket in game but never got any response.

We also rejoined WoW because we both wanted some of the perks from RAF. I recruited him, he shows up on my list of recruited friends, but we don’t seem to be receiving any perks or credit for time played, and I can’t summon him because when I hover over his name, it says I can’t summon him because we are not linked via recruit a friend.

Any assistance with either of these would be lovely, thank you!

I would start by checking your purchase history, see if something happened to the purchase.

https://account.blizzard.com/transactions

How did you gift it, by email, or by BattleTag? Have your friend check the launcher page also, there might be a gift alert waiting for them to claim it.

There are some requirements to being recruited, so you could have recruited your friend on a different wow license in the same blizzard account.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you very much for such a fast response! I sent it to him by email, here is what it says on my order screen now:

ORDER #US570950333

Order Date

Jul 5, 2020

Order Status

Complete

Payment Method

Blizzard Balance

Gift Sent To

(his email)

Product(s)

Price

World of Warcraft® In-Game Mount: Enchanted Fey Dragon

(Item Key: )

$12.50

Tax

$0.75

Total

$13.25

He has a very particular email address so I made sure to double check it. He also says he does not see any gift on the launcher (we actually play side by side on two different computers in the same room, so I checked too and I don’t see it anywhere)

As for RAF, we just went through the site and did it, is there any way to find out what requirements we might be missing? It’s odd because he shows up under my recruited friends, so we assumed it was fine. Do we have the same license? We are on two different accounts/computers so did we do something wrong? Sorry if any confusion, English is not my first language. Thank you!

Did you just post the key for the mount? You might want to remove that before someone unscrupulous snatches it.

3 Likes

Definitely edit your post to remove the key (little pencil looking icon when you mouse-over your post).

If it shows you as linked there, then you’re good :slight_smile:

Definitely not. In this case, you’re both required to have your own accounts. And your English is perfect :wink:

Understand though that as far as bonuses go, most are only for the recruiter (you) and in-game your friend would benefit from being able to summon you (and you can summon him too) and some bonus XP in-game too.

The rest of the rewards are only for the recruiter.

4 Likes

Thank you both for the tip about a key, I didn’t know you could do that. If the key can get the mount, can he just use the key and claim it somehow?

We tried summoning each other, it just says we aren’t RAF linked :frowning: But he is in my list of recruits, it is so odd to me! It gives me an option to unrecruit him also. Neither of us are accruing any benefits so far, it says 0 months. Whew I wish I understood this lol :slight_smile: These fast replies are lovely.

Editing! We tried having him redeem the code manually and it worked!! You guys are amazing. Thank you. He has his mount. :slight_smile: Now just have to figure out this RAF stuff!

1 Like

Let’s start with Recruit a Friend, Niatnia.

From what I can see, you successfully recruited your friend. Unfortunately, it looks like the link is with their WoW#1 license, not the main one they are using. This was done months ago so I’m not sure if anything can be done to correct it at this point as it is extremely time sensitive.

I was just about to note that I can see the mount under their licenses. So that was successful at least. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes thank you so much, he has his mount! We just went and looked at his launcher and we see the other license you mentioned, he had no idea he still had it (it is a “starter” edition from a very long time ago, no characters on it) what a shame. I know we have already missed out on the rewards so far but could we cancel it and rerecruit him? We actually both just rejoined mainly for the new RAF system (he likes the plane) we don’t mind starting over if possible. Thanks for any advice. Also your blue text is very pretty!

You can recruit him on a new licence under the same battlenet if he doesnt mind restarting everything. He wont get the mounts tho, thats only what the recruiter gets, the recruitee doesnt get anything but the xp bonus. So he would have to recruit YOU on a new licence to quality for any of the perks

I don’t believe so, Niatnia. The Recruit a Friend promotion can only be used to recruit new accounts or WoW licenses that have been inactive for 2+ years. There is a small window in which you can usually attach the link after the WoW license has been reactivated, but once it has, I don’t believe we have the ability to circumvent that. Sorry. :frowning:

1 Like

Ah, that is very unfortunate :frowning: Thank you so much for your information! I think we will let our time elapse and then play something else. I know it seems silly but we just wanted to try the RAF stuff for 10 months. You have been extremely helpful, all of you. Thank you very much and take care :slight_smile:

2 Likes