"2.5k exp" losing to 1.6k... why

Genuinely curious - why do <Individuals> link their 2.6k / 2.8k achievements only to see them struggle against a 1600-1800 mmr teams? (And no, I am not saying I am a R1 nerd, but the obvious is obvious)

This mainly happens in Rated Battlegrounds, which is cringe-worthy. However I do tend to stay away from players linking me anything over 2k because in my experience, people above 2k are unable to, not only stay calm, but actually prove their worth during a “best out of 3” trial.

Anyone experiencing this, especially this and last season??

1 Like

About three days ago i played arena with a friend againgst outlaw and destro lock, the lock DC and we went to kill the rogue… dude the ammount of rage and achievments he whispered after that, hahaha i was laughing so hard.

1 Like

could be due to

1. gear
  2. they are on an alt and got the xp on another class
  3. they got that xp in another expansion. the game is vastly different compared to wrath and cata now
6 Likes

Because in BFA there are like 3 somewhat mechanically challenging specs in the game total in PvP.

Survival , Feral , and Outlaw.

You need to be pretty smart to play SP and Sub Rogue at top lvl too but they’ve both been significantly watered down in terms of the different combination of buttons you need to press.

That’s it really. All the healers are fairly dumbed down. Dps rotations are simple. Anyone can get 2.6 playing a simple class if they meet the right teammates. You don’t need to improve you just need a chance to succeed given to you by the devs when they throw darts at a board when deciding what to make OP or nerf next.

4 Likes

id argue disc is also fairly high skill capped. obviously dumbed down compared to the past, but still hard

1 Like

Because you can literally lose to a 1700 RMX if they press kidney shot a few times in a game without Dring it.

In WoD I could play with Murph and Drex and literally go 20-0 or 20-1 in a q session and not lose a single game sub 2500. Now if I q at like 1800 and get a pve geared RMX he’ll just get dumpstered, or even just a cleave sometimes.

If jungle gets buffed, it’ll probably farm destro teams again like it has in previous xpacs. Difference then was we’d beat some jungles, it’d be rough, but we’d beat them through creative play, Dillypoo would consistently just dumpster us. Dilly dumpstering us was good though, he was infinitely better than us at his comp and his spec.

Game sucks and doesn’t punish stupidity enough, so you get people who just play a lot of games and the way BFA is set up, you’ll gain rating regardless of how horrendous you are.

8 Likes

i was probably that 1 loss, ur welcome folks

4 Likes

Not with offline on your team you weren’t.

3 Likes

getting 2.6 on the last day of a 35 week season when 500 people are above 3k is very different than getting 2.6 in the first 4 weeks of a season when 30 people are 2600

rating isnt a static number
“im a 2400 player” is only relevant if you’re someone who gets caught up at 2400 like 8 seasons in a row

if you get 2400 at the end of a random season playing something fotm, you linking 2400 doesnt really mean anything

besides that anyone can lose any time
the game is so much less skill based than it used to be
comp+gear overshadow skill entirely

i see dilly and gekz lose to the most random garbage idiot dk players that should never even get to q into them simply because the game is designed that way

4 Likes

Shots @ Dan and Max???

1 Like

LMAO man it’s unforch how easy it is to call every dk idiotdk without thinking about idiot dk

1 Like

na hes def just calling max a garbage idiot . . .

1 Like

The MMR showing on the screen is jacked up. Plenty of Glads and rank ones any where on the ladder. Could be alts because they don’t want to wait 10 minutes for ques or probing for boosts.

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

yeah this is exactly what I meant when people link 2.4k+++ from yoinks ago, well put

This is why I made a post about achievement expiry, not a literals expiry, but people shouldn’t only be linking things that are relevant - Game is full of “has-beens”.

3 Likes

i think the better solution would be adding a new layering to achievements

if someones played mage for 10 years, got 2700 3 years ago, and then 5-6 times since
the achievement will still say earned 3 years ago

if there was a minor text that says “last earned on xxx” instead of just first earned you’ll have a much better gauge

i think if there had been a bracket between duelist and glad prior to legion it would have been easier to just link that seasonally

but linking seasonal duelists can go anywhere from 2k to even 2700 some seasons

5 Likes

Some are from different expansions, different classes, or could have been carried 5-10 years ago to a high rating.

But also, some comps/specs are so brain dead you can lose to someone rolling their face across the keyboard.

It all started in WoD. Hunters lost their deadzone and auto attacks applied Frost Arrow.

Days of going 42-0 are over, my friends. PePeHands

1 Like

I think this could be a somewhat potential patched update, say, when you go to INSPECT a player, under COMPARE ACHIEVEMENTS there should be a new category option that comes / pops out as “CURRENT EXPANSION ACHIEVEMENTS” for every expansion to help the “narrow” things down, etc etc

Because they got carried. That’s the best textbook answer.

Well, supposedly if you have nothing to link that’s respectable, you don’t rate at all.