1k Gold for Each Alt if you want a Water Walking mount

I get that, and I am not debating it. Until I see the prices, I am reserving my judgement on my outrage-meter. If its something nominal, then I won’t care.

Their entire goal is for people not to feel forced to use the strider. Exempting the strider from mount gear, people will still feel forced to use the strider.

Wow, a whole 1k gold? Whatever will I do?!

1 Like

And if you had the strider thats free for every alt right?

1 Like

I don’t see how. They still have the choice to make any other mount have water walking. And the sky golem is exempt from equipment.

They created a very nice item that would make it so people are not forced to use the strider. That should have been the end of it. Leave special mounts that people purchased alone. They spent time and gold for a reason. What is next? They add an equipment slot so everyone can have an auction house on their mount and disable the Auction House mount?

1 Like

I thought the slot was account bound and that whatever you put in that slot was used on all mounts on all characters.

I think there was a blue post to that effect in the other Chicken Little thread.

1 Like

Because the status quo would be to use dazed, and then pop strider.

You’d be playing at a disadvantage to not do this. People don’t like playing at a disadvantage.

Or you could just…go get a water strider…

1 Like

1,000g? … I’ll take it!

I spend 10x that in consumables and repairs in just one night’s worth of raiding.

1,000g is so cheap it might as well be free.

Nice thats cheap

This. Akston, this is one of the many reasons you’re my favorite.

If you do any type of mat farming, you will still want the no-daze/no-dismount on your mounts regardless of flying or not. And if you are farming ore, you will still want the interact-with-objects perk on your mount along with (at the same time) the no-daze perk regardless of flying or not. Which is something we can do at the moment. What is unclear is if we will still be able to use both perks at the same time in 8.2

What is very clear is that you will not be able to use water walking at the same time as the no-daze perk. We need more answers.

That is intended.

Until I know if barding is going away, then no. I will not need the no daze mount equipment for flying and herbing.

My understanding is that they will all be crafted and the 1k price is what the devs expect them to go for on the AH. If true, they will probably be sky high during week one but will eventually level out, with some being cheaper depending on what is more popular. In such a situation I would expect the daze and water walking equipment to be similarly priced, and the slow fall equipment to be significantly less since it’s not very useful outside of zones like Highmountain and Howling Fjord.

Posts like this - with clickbait titles like this - never cease to amaze me.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I didn’t see them post a price anywhere. Why would you just make this up?

We can do this right now in the game. Not only can we use no-daze, we can also use interact-with-objects, faster-mount-speed, faster-gathering, AND water walking all at the same time! Are we playing at a disadvantage right now? No. In 8.2 you will choose one perk & remember the good ol’ days of today with many perks.

1 Like

Has it been confirmed that barding is going away?

For clarification, when I said it was not intended to have both I was referring to permanent water walking and permanent no daze via equipment/gear/whatever.

That is not something you can do right now. It requires regular upkeep through consumable items.

1 Like

Awesome transmog btw

It is when you have 30 alts. Not everyone is a “WoW millionaire” and 30k gold just to get back the original functionality is outrageous. Everyone told me to go “earn” it if I wanted it…so I did.

Now those same people are telling me “it’s no big deal that you’re going to have to fork over tens of thousands of gold extra just to maintain what you already earned” and it’s BS.

2 Likes

Fortunately there is no reason to believe it will be 30k gold. but substantially less.

1 Like