1989 score and Barely Get A Single Invite for a 15

So sick of this healer imbalance issue. I don’t think Disc priests are bad healers, and the damage is pretty much guaranteed. Plus you bring a Stamina buff and Damage Reduction.

But 19/20 15s I’ve queued for have been turn downs and yet my toon is ilevel 240, almost 2000 score, fully enchanted and even with sockets. But next to no invites–and only to groups that do not look good.

I mean, I even see groups that already have a brezzer and a lust, but still no dice.

Also, Icyveins lists Disc Priests as their second highest choice, only second to H pallies. I mean, can they be that bad that you get so few invites? Does gear and history and score count for nothing?

So you gotta roll a Holy Paladin or sit out and wait an hour and a half minimum for one invite? Like what the…?

Are you talking about the discipline priest you’re posting as? Because raider.io and your profile on the WoW main site show very different #s. For your character Binklewink, your character’s WoW profile and Raider.io show 207 ilvl. Both Raider.io and your character’s Wow profile show the character hasn’t completed any dungeons this season. Raider.io shows your character’s score last season to be 1194. I’m not seeing a ~2000 score or 240 ilvl anywhere.

Edit: I just saw another post of yours that says you leveled 5 or 6 disc priests. Can you post a reply as this toon with the ~2000 score and 240 ilvl?

Regardless, it’s difficult no matter what. I don’t know if it’s just me, but it feels like there are more healers queuing nowadays, which means more healer competition. The old days of groups feeling lucky just to have found a healer seem to be gone.

I get groups, but it’s still an uphill battle. But really, it’s like that for everyone (except experienced and geared tanks).

Lately, I’ve gotten more groups just by running my own keys.

1 Like

This is a grass is greener situation. I only started getting invites after I’d gone above 2k score. I ran my own keys till then. But I also didn’t get any keys on my other characters either. Just there’s an abundance of players in every role except tank, and 15s are the highest reward keys.

TONS of people are signing up for 15s for their vault the next week. As a result you get 2200+ players signing up pretty consistently at +15, and if I see one healer at 1980 and one healer at 2200, I’m probably taking the latter. Seriously, try running your own 14 key, and then try running your own 15 key. You’ll see a huge boost in the average scores signing up. And if you wait like 10 mins listed in the group finder and look at your sign ups for 14 and 15, I guarantee you’ll see WAY more signups for the 15, too. Especially an easy key.

Happens every season. The hurdle to do the highest ilvl reward key is HUGE because those are the keys everyone wants to do in a pug. People interested in climbing to higher key levels are probably playing in more organized groups. But everyone out there who possibly wants a 252 from their chest next week knows they can get it easy from a 15 key.

I think gearing up has a lot to do with it too. When you have a ~26 ilvl gap to close at the beginning of the patch and everyone needs gear, competition is plentiful. When it’s the end of the patch, people are mostly geared, and people just need to move the ilvl needle by a few (or even keep the same ilvl but get more optimal stats or trinkets), it’s easier to get in.

I tend to not worry about ilvl. I’ve seen some pretty questionable players with high ilvl before. You can get very lucky and get drops from most raid bosses then slam a 15 Mists.

There’s also plenty of raid players that have a decent chunk of gear that have no idea what they should be interrupting in a +17 key. And I’ve seen people sign up to 15 keys that are on alts that have a 2400+ main and they will absolutely demolish the key on their undergeared alt.

Really, score is very objective - especially through io - where I can see if they’ve done the dungeon at levels near my current key, etc. Heck, if I want to get super picky I can click the person’s WCL links and see how their damage parses are on bosses, etc. I imagine a lot of players are like this. It might feel super elitist, but really if I’m just trying to get a key timed, ilvl is pretty much the last thing on my mind.

1 Like

That’s weird.
+15 should be easy to get into with 2k io.

I do at least.

You got that right.

I don’t think it is objective at all. I have a friend who never does a single interrupt, or anything else but press his damage buttons. And he pugs. And a lot of his groups fall apart, but he just queues up over and over. And his score looks great, but he has very little skill and has timed 16s no problem. His damage is not even that great either.

In summary, no, it is easy to just queue up over and over and then leave an unfinished key when others in the group are just like you. Hence, you can build up your score with a minimum of skill.

I don’t post on my main. I have a bunch of toons on more than one account, including a lot of priests, but this is my main:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/Jinxyminx

Do +17 with your own key helps. It shows that you do highest key +17.

Maybe change your transmog you look like a housewife…I would go for more radiant one.
Try this
Zandalari Priest : Transmogrification (reddit.com)

Yeah I have to say, maybe you aren’t getting invites because your character isn’t pretty enough for the party.

If you want to be invited to the classy ballroom parties, then you have to atleast make an effort dear. Put on some make up and do something about that hair.

1 Like

I’m 2100 score and I get invited to about 90% of the groups I apply too (have 54 timed keys so far this season). You also need to look at the descriptions and group composition to make sure it’s worth your time applying. I also only apply to groups with people who are equal or higher IO score than myself.

If you don’t want to deal with this issue than run your own key as well.

I find these instances are rare. The vast majority of the time, if I invite a low score player, they’ll make major mistakes, versus inviting a high skill player they’ll do OK. From time to time, everyone will burn their interrupt at once or something, but for the most part, it works out. We all have anecdotal stories of the high score tank that never kites or the low score DPS that just blasts for some reason. But over time it’s become more clear that if I want to time something 15+ I can just wait for a group that can pretty much carry me if I want.

I just agree if you pug and then wanted a +15 easy as healer, well to be honest i did early run when season 2 just show up, +12 and go to +15 in one shot, but in +15 people still dont know what is affix means, lastly i run +15 about 2 weeks ago and the affix was inpiring and i forget the others, our dps said interrupt for all the time, but the tank and other dps dont know how the affix works, and sudenly the dps said interrupt out of party, after a few packs, maybe he/she know we are screw up, then decide to leave us

And i just took them because they were io score last season same about me, 2000ish

And im shocked, either they dont know the affix, or they just want my key without timer, why people still dont understand after 1 season doing mythic plus with 2000ish score in season 1

To be honest i will forgive you, if you eat some mechanic that will kill you, i will still heal you and stop my dps, but if you do not know affix and how to skip some packs, interrupt, covenant help, like lamp in SD, well that was amazing

My question is how the hell you can do 2000 in season 1, LOL

Yeah, it’s true people with 2000 sometimes, even half the time, don’t know what affixes mean. Yesterday I was in a group for a sixteen and almost every pull the tank was in trouble and I was spamming healing because the dps were killing mobs one at a time. I had people saying my healing was garbage on Necrotic when I was spam healing tanks with stacks who simply would not have survived otherwise. When Grievous was an affix a couple weeks ago tanks were doing pulls with me at 10% mana despite me spamming chat that I needed mana (at least until I got my mana orbs or fast food powers).

Honestly, it is the same every affix. Most of the time the problem is with the dps–and especially the ones who talk out their bums who have no clue. In these groups, which I have been settling on joining because good groups want Venthyr pallies, I usually stick it out, but it is torture. Not only is the healing rough, but sometimes I even get blame for the idiocy.

1 Like

I have no problem getting invites to 15s. Im a resto druid and not a meta class and not 2k io. Out of 3 applications I get an invite. I was at 1800 io last week and the invites were easy as well.

Yup true, gotta dress like me to get invites buddy. Males are dominated here.

Nobody cares about your mog one way or the other, lmao. Absolutely the only time anyone will bother looking is after you get an invite and when they are glancing over your trinkets or whatever.

And my main is a troll. And they are all pretty ugly.

Start your 15 key, go grab a drink, come back and look at the list. It isn’t about your score in isolation, its your score relative to all other applicants. @ 15, you can easily fill up the group with IOs all over 2k (even tanks depending on the time).

Under 2K you’re unlikely to get a second glance unless you are a meta healer (i.e. Pal or Sham).

Save yourself time, frustration and trouble and just run your own keys.

2 Likes