Arena World Championship – Summer Cup #1

The Summer Season of the 2019 Arena World Championship (AWC) is here!

Following the end of an intense Spring Season, it’s time for the world’s best PvP-ers in World of Warcraft to compete for the Arena Cup, a challenging series of tournaments leading into the second LAN of the year: the AWC Summer Finals. At the Summer Finals, teams will compete for $100,000 and two qualification spots at BlizzCon. The first Cup has already begun, and the top 8 teams have already been decided in NA and EU after an explosive Open Bracket.

All Top 8 series will be broadcast on Twitch.tv/Warcraft on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during the Summer Season. Each Top 8 broadcast day will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT / 7:00 p.m. CEST, live on Twitch.

These teams are competing for a $10,000 prize pool each week, and more importantly, AWC Points which qualify teams for the Summer Finals.

Start Times

EU Top 8 NA Top 8 Championship Sun
Fri Sat Sun
10:00 a.m. PDT 10:00 a.m. PDT 10:00 a.m. PDT
1:00 p.m. EDT 1:00 p.m. EDT 1:00 p.m. EDT
19:00 CEST 19:00 CEST 19:00 CEST

Resources

WoW Esports Website
VoDs & Full Year Schedule
Arena World Championship Summer Season: A Viewer’s Guide
Link to NA Cup #1 - Bracket
Link to EU Cup #1 - Bracket

Top 8 Teams

Why are CoS items disallowed on the tournament but allowed on live? Why not just disable their effects on live server ? No one enjoys those items or having to raid to be competitive.

12 Likes

Characters

3 Likes

Hi your game sucks

12 Likes

Count me out if Rich isn’t hosting.

1 Like

Your pvp sucks

9 Likes

Kaivax, do you find it concerning that so few people seem to care for this sort of stuff? I know I do.

I love this game, but the lack of attention PvP as a whole seems to receive has truly turned so many people off this game that these tournaments are really only for a handful of people and mean next to nothing.

I have raided the hardest parts of this game, but by far the most difficult portion of this game is just trying to get a team together for RBG’s. I’m not sure if you are aware of this, though you should be, but something with so much potential for participation (see Cata when it dropped) has all but evaporated. Maybe you guys should put in some visible effort in PvP. Please.

4 Likes

Asking the real questions. You da real MVP.
It’s like they knew they were OP AF, but were like ‘you know what just push em live. They can figure it out.’

Exactly.

They’re too chicken to even tell us what their reasonning is. We have seen 0 communication from the entire team so far on that subject.

2 Likes