WoW Classic Beta Alterac Valley Test Info

2019-06-14T21:00:00Z, we’ll open a new realm in the WoW Classic Beta for dedicated testing of Alterac Valley.

When beta testers log into the WoW Classic Beta at that time, please look for the new Field of Strife realm. Alterac Valley will only be available for testing on this realm, and we will be turning off the other beta realms for the duration of the AV test. You’ll find that test characters on Field of Strife are confined to their capital cities. Don’t worry—even if you could leave the city, there will be no enemies, quest-givers, dungeons, or transports throughout the rest of the world.

On the Field of Strife realm, when you create a character, it will be locked at level 58 for AV testing. These test characters will have appropriate gear, some gold, a mount, and access to class trainers and reagent vendors, but they will not be able to level up past 58.

Please go to your city’s Battlemasters and queue for Alterac Valley as much as you like, and submit your feedback in our dedicated Alterac Valley feedback thread.

We expect to close the realm and this AV test on 2019-06-17T17:00:00Z. At that time, the other beta realms will return.

Thank you!

37 Likes

INC people asking for 1.5 still…

20 Likes

Asking the question everyone wants to know:

Will this testing allow any additional beta invites specifically for it? Additional waves to increase population?

35 Likes

I heard between horde and alliance there’s been a peak of ~500 players during prime-time hours? You really expect to test AV without sending more invites out?

I’m not even crying for an invite at this point, I’m just pointing out you might have a difficult time testing this if those numbers are accurate.

15 Likes

Oh boy oh boy let the AV version show commence!!!

Where’s the popcorn this is going to be glorious.

5 Likes

They probably wont. You could have the entire population of the PvE and PvP calling for more players to fill ques for WSG and AB or just in general and they wont add more. I can only think its to drain the hype train as much as possible or because they really think they actually have enough testers.

1 Like

Is this open to just current beta testers or does it include the stress test players from before?

20 Likes

Yo i just want beta and classic idc 8.1 w/e. You will need to send more invites for AV for sure.

I would love to test AV all weekend long :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Right now the PVE servers is heavily underpopulated because everyone is going to the PVP. Personally I think they should offer people a PVE only Beta invite. I’d take it.

17 Likes

Same, i would love that as well

You’re not wrong.

I’m dedicated to the testing of the old AV.

22 Likes

Very excited to test this! Is there a specific reason why 58 was chosen as the testable level? Seems odd to not just do 60 with full talents.

1 Like

Will engineering be available for this fiesta?

1 Like

She deserves an answer, Kaivax! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I don’t care either way i just want people to actually test things. I get that there’s maybe 2000-3000 people on beta and the maybe 100 streamers are there for advertisement and the other 2900 are for testing but you cant expect 2900 people to test every single thing wrong with a game that came out 15 years ago. I honestly think blizz choked on this one.

Looking forward to it!

Tired of leveling, almost have my second 40.

1 Like

For Authenticity, people need to AFK inside AV and test the reporting system.

19 Likes

Not one mention about previous stress testers or additional invites going out just for this testing phase. I think some transparency would help at least once or twice a year.

3 Likes