WoW Classic Closed Beta - Level 40 and Arathi Basin Testing

Later today, we will take the WoW Classic closed beta down for maintenance and we will increase the level cap from 30 to 40. This will allow testers to level up in zones such as Stranglethorn Vale, Desolace, and Arathi Highlands (among others). At the same time, Warsong Gulch will close.

To further assist testing efforts, we will reduce the cost to respec closed beta characters. The new cost will be charged in silver instead of gold, a 99% reduction in cost, and will only be applied to the beta test.

We’re also going to open Arathi Basin for limited testing in the closed beta. There will be no templates, so all characters will need to be level 20 or higher to participate. The test will begin on the afternoon of Thursday, June 6.

Please keep an eye on our known issues thread, as well as our growing list of reports we’ve confirmed are not bugs. Thank you for your continued efforts in testing WoW Classic!

P.S. Don’t forget to guard the farm.

92 Likes

I’m not part of the beta, but I saw it trying to update (pop up in the corner of my screen, but no dropdown)? Was that a bug?

9 Likes

cool! I hope i get an invite soon to help test ^.^

17 Likes

Cool… im never intending to pick up 8.2 so its priv… or beta… but ill be watching streamers.

5 Likes

Good plan!

Now that you’ve moved people from the 1-30 zones into the 40 zones, will you be adding more testers to help cover the stuff that the previous wave did not get in the 1-30 range?

Cause you know… I’d love a beta invite :stuck_out_tongue:

48 Likes

Looking forward to see Arthai Basin PVP!

2 Likes

Cannot wait to play Classic! Excited to watch the content until I get in the Beta.

Keep it up Blizz.

6 Likes

Praying for a beta invite!

16 Likes

Sounds great! Looking forward to watching it all go down. FeelsNoBetaMan.

6 Likes

Let us know if you need more help testing it! Beta thirst intensifies

12 Likes

More invites going out too?

6 Likes

99% reduction in respec costs is huge (for beta only I mean). I just farmed 10 g for one too lol :<

1 Like

How about you just send a DM’s to the streamers because this information is good for the handful of people that actaully have the beta. the other 95% of us can get the information of streams.

11 Likes

Yeah if you need anymore people to test…Wink…WInk :wink:

From what i heard from a streamer he was confirmed yesterday was the very last day that people were gettinf beta invites. So i mean… dont freak out about it.

It was a wave of F&F invites

Yep, so people can stop asking for Beta… because the invites are now done.

4 Likes

Maybe if we ask pretty please

4 Likes

So you’re saying I still have a chance?

5 Likes