SOD Account Restrictions: how can Blizzard help new players who are affected?

Sorry about that, if you log out and back in this should be resolved. Stupid February and its 28 days. This goes for anyone who’s only purchased month was February.

4 Likes

So that’s a no on the same account alt mail? That is the most integral part that’s missing to those new players that aren’t bots.

For example: I have a BS character to make my own Silver Rod for my Enchanter.

Mine still isn’t resolved, not sure if you meant it was a blanket fix or whatever. Purchase date was Feb 26th, well over a month ago.

1 Like

Its not fixed for those of us with “fringe cases.” I logged out for 24 hours and the restriction is still there. I have purchased gametime from February 2023 (more than 1 year ago) and i’m restricted.

Feb had 29 days this year, in case that further messes your math.

1 Like

Can you or any fellow February starter check again for me?

Budgethealer in these responses is a personal friend who bought game time in February and this is still not resolved for him. The whole CONCEPT of shutting down bots is so obsessive at this point, and it honestly doesn’t matter because the economy IS ALREADY screwed. You can’t UNDO what’s already fully done. Free these people so we can enjoy the game, before we lose entire friend groups to this absolute NONSENSE.

2 Likes

February starter here, still restricted.

2 Likes

Mine is working now! CHEERS!

Cool

Now you can give us back gdkps since you fixed botting, right?

Hi, I’m a new but real and legitimate player. I’ll send you a picture of my face holding my driver’s license if you turn my AH back on please. :slight_smile: even just letting me buy stuff from the AH would be huge!

1 Like

Consumed just means the account is older than a month. No you don’t have to play x amount of hours. This just forces bots to wait a month to do any selling

Checked just now and it’s fixed for me.

2 Likes

its unreal. the biggest obstacle for blizzard stopping cheating is the portion of the community that wants to RMT and cheat. The GDKP community is a prime example of a group of players that want to cheat or benefit directly from cheaters. No. go back to your room. GDKPs are not returning. Move on.

3 Likes

Are you saying I’m a botter?

1 Like

I will say I do like the effort Blizzard is putting into finding a solution to botters. They have the right idea at heart, here

I am hoping they can refine this one so there is less impact to legitimate new players. It is a pretty harsh penalty for a new player to pay, right now

I’ll have her try that, I’m her Dad

Hey Bud, I’ve been playing for 20 years, my Wife and I got our daughters (IHA) to play with us and I have to say this has been frustrating for us trying to figure out this issue. We’ve been all questing together and trying to get her oriented with the game and this put a big kink in our last three-Four days of questing as a result. She wont be able to make money for her mount and I cant take Items from her to help her make money.

I’ll say this also, I am 100% on board with combatting botting and gold selling, it has ruined the game. but right now my daughters account is incapable of making decent gold as her mother and I level with her for 30 days, she can easily reach 50 in that time so you’re asking players initial experience with the first 30 days is no access to the economy, players who’ve paid their 15 dollars with fully authenticated accounts and no history of botting or gold selling? I would politely suggest you ad layers into that logic gate system to sift through legitimate players or fast track tickets in this regard for families who are playing together.

8 Likes

It was erroneously applied to my account, and it still has not been lifted. When should I anticipate seeing the change hit my account?

Its not just massive it is catastrophic for development, you’ll be a month of economic viability behind other players. You wont have a mount even after level 40 cause it certainly doesn’t take a month to hit level 40 with 100% xp bonus. this was not well thought out. They need to undo this and Hotfix it right now.

2 Likes