SOD Account Restrictions: how can Blizzard help new players who are affected?

I just checked again and am still locked out so not all “edge cases” have been resolved. So for those of us past the 30 days and have done the 12 hour wait and are still locked, what are we supposed to do??? I’ve sent tickets, bug reports, forum posts etc.

As a new player, this is a MASSIVE negative impact on my gameplay. Having to vendor literally everything I get when I could sell on AH for hundreds of times more gold is insane.

I want to say I understand the reasons for these changes and not be upset, but when you claim these “edge cases” have been resolved when they clearly aren’t is infuriating. I was enjoying playing something with my friends that is nostalgia for them, but its all new to me and now the game is just an inventory management simulator where im forced to trash my time and money earned.

6 Likes

I am in the same boat, so take this for what it is and nothing more, but legitimately the unfortunate answer is “wait and hope the info gets to the devs and they eventually fix it.”

Not a fun course of action, or one that feels particularly useful, but it’s what we got.

1 Like

I’m just so confused on where to post my information to get it passed up the chain, I’ve tried every avenue and was told by customer support that there was nothing further I could do. Then today this post comes out and claims “all edge cases have been dealt with” while I’m still here forced to play SSF well beyond the 30 day limit.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this just isn’t the case. I paid for a friend to play the game for the first time, he’s now 1.5 months into his game time and has done every “solution” as suggested by a blue post or otherwise.

Relog
Stay logged out for 8 hours
Stay logged out for 12 hours

The only criteria that seems is supposed to matter is 30 days game time, well we’re at 43 days (paid 2/26) now and he still cannot interact with anything, including mailing to his own characters, since Phase 3 rolled out.

I’m not sure if the issue just isn’t being taken seriously but I can tell you in at least one instance, this is effecting players outside the bounds of what you are intending and for all it seems to us it is permanent. I would not be surprised if this costs subscriptions.

“These have been resolved” is just untrue.

3 Likes

I get it, and I’m with you. It feels hopeless, and it makes it feel worse when someone’s response is “Just quit then.”

1 Like

Sorry about that, if you log out and back in this should be resolved. Stupid February and its 28 days. This goes for anyone who’s only purchased month was February.

4 Likes

So that’s a no on the same account alt mail? That is the most integral part that’s missing to those new players that aren’t bots.

For example: I have a BS character to make my own Silver Rod for my Enchanter.

Mine still isn’t resolved, not sure if you meant it was a blanket fix or whatever. Purchase date was Feb 26th, well over a month ago.

1 Like

Its not fixed for those of us with “fringe cases.” I logged out for 24 hours and the restriction is still there. I have purchased gametime from February 2023 (more than 1 year ago) and i’m restricted.

Feb had 29 days this year, in case that further messes your math.

1 Like

Can you or any fellow February starter check again for me?

Budgethealer in these responses is a personal friend who bought game time in February and this is still not resolved for him. The whole CONCEPT of shutting down bots is so obsessive at this point, and it honestly doesn’t matter because the economy IS ALREADY screwed. You can’t UNDO what’s already fully done. Free these people so we can enjoy the game, before we lose entire friend groups to this absolute NONSENSE.

2 Likes

February starter here, still restricted.

2 Likes

Mine is working now! CHEERS!

Cool

Now you can give us back gdkps since you fixed botting, right?

Hi, I’m a new but real and legitimate player. I’ll send you a picture of my face holding my driver’s license if you turn my AH back on please. :slight_smile: even just letting me buy stuff from the AH would be huge!

1 Like

Consumed just means the account is older than a month. No you don’t have to play x amount of hours. This just forces bots to wait a month to do any selling

Checked just now and it’s fixed for me.

2 Likes

its unreal. the biggest obstacle for blizzard stopping cheating is the portion of the community that wants to RMT and cheat. The GDKP community is a prime example of a group of players that want to cheat or benefit directly from cheaters. No. go back to your room. GDKPs are not returning. Move on.

3 Likes

Are you saying I’m a botter?

1 Like