Gen X forgotten again

The theory is the boomers in power wont retire and rigged the system to favor their wealth.

A lot of senators, CEOā€™s, and presidential candidates over 65.

3 Likes

Yeah ā€¦ itā€™s not boomers ā€¦ itā€™s people in general. They donā€™t like to relinquish power. Itā€™s not a generational thing

2 Likes

Well that may be. But itā€™s probably the boomer generation that received the greatest benefit from extending life spans.

And we donā€™t really know if Gen X will do the same thing. They might take a more ā€œto hell with itā€ attitude.

Iā€™m late Gen-X (1979). They didnā€™t forget about me this time.

Iā€™ll be 54 in July. WOW really put me in a hell of a quandry :wink:

1 Like

Ssshhhhh, no one tell the OP that that generation was removed from the timeline by the ā€œyou know who.ā€

/moo :cow:

Yes. Especially since Iā€™m not a Millennial, heheh.

Letā€™s just sayā€¦Iā€™m old enough to have watched the moon walk on a B&W TVā€¦and I donā€™t mean MJā€™s dance move.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s been going on for generations and even very bright people fall into that trap but I believe itā€™s wrong to accuse everyone born into a group of negative qualities. This includes race, religion, age, gender issues, any of it.

Well, of courseā€¦because itā€™s currently the most populous older generation, so naturally the numbers will reflect that. The thing is, this will also be true for the newer generations as the years go by, and the number of boomers finally dwindleā€¦and donā€™t kid yourself. The following generations will do so as well. Itā€™s human nature, not generational behavior.

There are two fitting figures of speech to consider here: ā€œThe more things change, the more they stay the sameā€, and ā€œThose who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.ā€

I certainly donā€™t either. Unlike most of my fellow ā€˜boomersā€™, Iā€™m comfortable with modern technology, enjoy a far wider variety of music (listening to TooL as I type, with Heilung queued up next)ā€¦and I play WoW.

2 Likes

I got a survey and have never stepped foot in Pstorm.

To be fair, Gen X does extend into the 55-64 range, but yeah, they definitely missed a lot of years there

Case in pointā€¦

ā€œThe children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.ā€

ā€“Attributed to Socrates (469-399 BC)

:smiley:

3 Likes

Thats cuz thats not popular group of players

Iā€™m a young millennial and got to say that gen x is the bomb.

You guys grew up in the best decade hands down

2 Likes

This is all any of us can claim to be! x-files theme plays again

1 Like

Close. Gen X: 44-59 years old :grinning:

My people, this has been corrected now. :wink: We SHALL be counted.

16 Likes

Ill have an OK Soda to celebrate

Dont give up hope. The silent generation got their first president in 2020!

Soā€¦ what do I do now that Iā€™ve already taken the survey and Iā€™m now younger than Iā€™m supposed to be? Not that Iā€™m complainingā€¦ LOL

2 Likes