180 Degrees Off IN PvP All Around

I have been reading the forums on and off again about balance/scaling in player versus player combat.

My conclusion based on my experience is there is no scaling or balance at all like in the days of resilience when gear mattered.

Blizzard is 180 degrees off the supportive markets for games that have some focus on player battles. Particularly with the stuns, you have way too many and they last way too long.

By supportive markets I mean video cards, cpu, ram, video monitors and internet speeds. These markets are competing around a millisecond of speed while Blizz turns around and converts that to a 6 second stun.

If you cannot recognize the hardware markets and the direction they have been going since dialup internet you miss a lot of players and fail to keep a lot.

People are buying products to play games investing a lot of money for speed and timely interaction while Blizz adds more stuns this is odd ?

I am at a loss for this any comments on why you would add back to back freezes and no scaling to world pvp combat when everyone seems to be moving to speed.

Is Blizz still creating dialup pvp ???

I fail to see how an in game mechanic that is used to interrupt/control an opponent has anything to do with video cards.

5 Likes

Of course you do, high speed hardware, internet, for the purpose of player versus player games has been on the rise for a decade.

And as the speed of hardware increases WOW increases the multiplicity of immobilization effects …

This is counter intuitive…

You need a psych eval

4 Likes

I actually took one, 500 questions long to work in nuclear power, was never called in for questioning like so many others where.

That is a true story the power facility was in Louisiana, 500 questions, the purpose was to profile certain dispositions not desirable for that environment.

Some of the questions were funny, everything from avoiding cracks in the sidewalk to a desire to run red light …

1 Like

They probably were not screening for the conditions for which you are displaying traits

1 Like

Don’t know what to tell you then. Paladin stun has been the same duration since the days of dsl broadband…

I have fiber optic and it’s still 6 seconds…/shrug

1 Like

Is this the new idiot hunter posting long, non-sensical posts in every thread?

1 Like

Yes the ‘crab stun’ guy

1 Like

So says the elitist, “that test was not accurate it does not confirm my suspicions” this is you.

Nothing can be validated to the self centered, so in consideration to that you will be ignored.

I mean with a name like Griefs, what are you even doing in the game ?

1 Like

That’s not what I said. Further proof of thought disorder :slight_smile:

6 seconds, this is about 1000 times longer than signal speed and what people are looking for.

What I am saying is there are huge markets built on the desire of people to have the most timely interactions in player versus player combat.
Yet Blizz is adding and maintaining game mechanics that deprive users the narrow timeframe exchanges they are looking for nowadays.

Ok so we look at PVP battle in wow, success is based on stun rotation versus damage to you.

You stun me… Do I have an equivalent in stun breakers ?

To make the exchange more interactive and inline with the hardware markets and potential untapped player base. Get away from these back to back totally ridiculous stuns and snares, this has been accepted to the point you have a laser eyed health regenerating stun bat flying around in game.

My view is simply my view, but you can compare it to a market that’s been emerging for a decade and more… and that’s the need for speed …

PVP is a sport, unfortunately it is integrated through gear and overall game success, why make it so slow ?

A laser beam eyed stun bat… This is not legit, this thing should be made of paper or have its damage mitigation in PVP cut by around 60% …Give the stun bat the same damage avoidance as a Survival Spec hunter… Start being fair and you’ll get more players.

2 Likes