17th Anniversary Drops Hotfixed

Thank you so much for this change. I spent the better part of yesterday evening killing him to get the mount on all my toons that were eligible. Now I’ll have time to go find and kill the other bosses :grinning:

Boo - it’s a temporarily available anniversary mount. Shouldn’t be hard to get. If you want to have the experience of grinding out mounts that are hard to earn, there are literally hundreds available to you.

2 Likes

Just what I told you. I’m not sure how you are misconstruing that to think they somehow now aren’t listening to feed back and that it was changed 'cause one of their kids said to change it.

You are making my brain hurt honestly at how non sensical you are making yourself out to be.

Exactly, and there is some seriously weird obsession of having unique things. There are tonnes of mounts and items out there are others can’t be asked to get but also don’t care if you have it.

1 Like

It’s right in their public legal faq:

We appreciate the time and energy people put into making suggestions for our current and future games. Our company policy, however, prevents us from accepting for review any unsolicited ideas.

Emphasis on it including “current” games. Coupled with their definitive assertion that:

Blizzard Entertainment® has adopted the unalterable policy of refusing to accept or look at any unsolicited submissions or ideas.

I don’t see how you could look at it any other way. I’m sorry your brain hurts, but there it is. The language is quite clear.

2 Likes

Yes, please do this.

KEY WORD IDEAS.

Changing a drop percentage of a mount is not an IDEA.
It’s LITERAL FEED BACK THAT DEVELOPERS WANT TO SEE WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT FROM THE GAME changed so you like it more.

Mark Kern [ex wow dev] wrote that out for Blizzard specifically when he worked there for GAME IDEAS and SUGGESTIONS TO ADD INTO THE GAME not be accepted due to legal liabilities.

FEED BACK DOES NOT EQUAL UNSOLICITED IDEAS.

1 Like

You mean “straight single conservative heterosexual short grown christian men”. lol

Now, did Blizzard do this because people complained and wouldn’t let them get away with it, or did they do this because they just got embroiled in yet another scandal in a desperate bid for good will?

1 Like

Yes because making a mount 100% is gonna change peoples mind.
Please people, turn down that cynicism, it’s seeping through.

1 Like

That statement is true, outside of WoW forums and other means of player feedback in the game. That statement is basically directed at random people emailing Blizzard devs. Blizzard has stated on many occasions that they read/‘listen’ to feedback provided on the forums. That’s very likely the reason they hotfixed the anniversary boss.

Blizzard legally can use/owns the feedback that we add on to their forums, the statement you linked is for random people/developers giving them ideas because those people could then sue Blizzard for stealing their idea if they aren’t properly compensated for them.

1 Like

It says “submissions or ideas” not just ideas. So, ya know, there’s that.

1 Like

h ttps://youtu.be/DSi2PkiLQLY?t=192
Yes, submissions of said idea.
There is a time stamped video of mark kern who wrote the thing to explain it for you. With your logic, Blizz should remove the PTR and everything else. I can’t anymore… this ain’t going anywhere.

1 Like

With this new hotfix in You are 100% correct and honestly why stop there just make all the mounts 100% get rid of the uniqueness. I know thats stretching what you are saying but honestly I do agree if you make this Holiday mount 100 you better do it with all the events.

There’s a reason they are creating the “Council of remaining loyal Warcraft fans”. It’s because they want to legally wash their hands of any other input.

But you can’t take it anymore, so I’ll leave it at that. Cheers!

So you are trolling or just severely ignorant due to your cynicism. Great.

2 Likes

It’s an ugly recolor, give it a break already, you people really are never satisfied and just like to flex.

1 Like

This is how it feels when things just, become 100% - Sorry some things should be and need to be worked for: I was in fact enjoying logging onto all my alts to farm - Gave me something to do…but as they say…

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/81861372/if-everybody-is-special-than-that-means-no-one-is.jpg

2 Likes

You’re right. When the discussion moves to insults it’s over. I wish you well and enjoy your free mount !

There are plenty of mounts, special, hard to get in-game. This is an ugly recolor, you’ll survive.