This Week in WoW: November 20, 2023

This Week in WoW: November 20, 2023

Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. Get ready for the heat of the Molten Incursion in Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope Raid Finder Wing 2 this week.

View Full Article

3 Likes

In game calendar says arena skrimish is the weekly bonus event

1 Like

Is the calendar changing or did someone not fact check their article before posting it?

1 Like

And if you actually hover over the link, it’s broken due to an extra /https/, and if you delete that, it actually links to an article from back in August.

Updated now… Damn was hoping they would change the event xD

Any chance yall are aware that the “upgrade crests” feature is completely missing?

Thought this was supposed to be a 10.2 feature.

Can’t find any info about this.

Is it just bugged or was it scrapped?

Flashock, its just not explained anywhere (that I can find) very clearly.

Basically… ONCE you no longer can use a lower crest on a character, you can upgrade that now useless crest to a higher one.

I’m not exactly sure of the ilvl breakdown, but once all of your gear is at least veteran 4/8 (meaning every slot… at least 2 rings… 2 trinkets… 2 weapons if you are like a fury warrior or something), then you don’t need whelpling crests anymore, and will be able to use whelpling crests to upgrade to drake.

I really hope I didn’t just type the wrong upgrade track, but I think you get the idea… once you can literally never use a crest type again, you can upgrade it to the next time.

edited because I found a wowhead article.
https [colon] [slash slash] www.wowhead.com/news/trade-crests-up-into-higher-tier-versions-in-patch-10-2-335046

Yeah the issue is, I reached the required ilvl and the option to upgrade is still missing.

I got the “dreaming of drakes” achievement for having 450+ in every slot but the vendor does not show any upgrades to purchase.

The only thing I can think of is that it’s a visual bug and it doesn’t show the option to upgrade if you’re currently capped for the week.

That being said, I haven’t found any confirmation about it actually working as intended. I’m just assuming the vendor option doesn’t show because I’m already capped on all crests.

Maybe that’s intended though, maybe the upgrade option disappears if you’re capped on all crests.

It’s not just overall ilvl but it’s suppose to be for every single slot. Have you already grinded all raid difficulties and M+ to fill up every single slot with equal or higher ilvl of Drakes Crests cap? :open_mouth:

Yes, I have equipped 450+ in every slot and received the corresponding achievement “dreaming of drakes”

The vendor is supposed to upgrade after you receive that achievement but it’s still empty.

Could be because I’m capped on all crests, but would be nice to know if it’s there.

Guess I’ll find out Tuesday when the cap updates.

Bingo! :point_up:
They also mentioned it will still be counted for weekly cap. Being the first week, since you are already capped, you won’t see any upgrade option I guess.

I know last week when I capped out on Drakes before Whelping my future Drakes downgraded to Whelping as I looted. This week it hasn’t gone the other way at all.

What happened to the Mythic dungeon weekly event originally showing before the patch?

Now we have 2x PvP weeklies in a row, but no other content like time walk or dungeons.

1 Like

I almost thought I was the only one that saw this X.x why 2x pvp they never do 2x pvp in a row…

1 Like

They thought giving away a guaranteed Heroic Raid item in the 2nd week of season was too OP, in other words … Fun detected, fun removed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: