Prep Your Dragons and Mount Up for the Eastern Kingdoms Cup

No, I don’t think I will but thank you for the invitation.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Yes. I feel, I feel the need for speed.

Highway to the danger zone.

Edited to add, I take it back I just got on for some dragon racing I enjoy it so much most of the time the music the rush of speed as you navigate around obstacles and through the hoops.

I’ve only done the Elwynn forest one was zooming along and the music was playing and splat faceplant right into a tree no warning at all. That was after my first attempt everythings so low to the ground you’re having to watch your level so you can keep going. I’m still picking splinters out of my face ugh.

I use the velocidrake because I like the smaller size, it’s kinda ugly but it’s grown in me lol. I was really happy to get the teal but I agree I would like it for other mounts too.

2 Likes

I really love how you can get stuck on the UNDERSIDE of a mushroom on the Plaguewood race and get stuck mid air in the mushroom. Awesome game as always.

How do we “prep” our dragons?

1 Like

I think you must have been seeing things. :wink: Maybe woke up too soon. I don’t see two there. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Have you oiled their scales and trimmed their claws? What about a nice teeth cleaning? It’s been awhile hasn’t it? And you don’t know what all they’ve been eating.

5 Likes

Aww
would have been nice if other faction reps could be purchased.

I get what you were going for with the Plaugelands track but can you please stop putting checkpoints right next to trees/mushrooms. 3 times in a row on the reverse course just simply turning got me landed in between mushrooms in-front of Stratholme, Felt completely like chance i got by them in the end.

2 Likes

You’re in for disappointment, I’m afraid. Ground skimming, trees, buildings

2 Likes

A lot of these races have way too many checkpoints millimeters away from rocks, trees, bridges, etc.
For example the gurubashi gala race has a bridge that seems like I can get pretty close to pass under but I kept getting smashed into it. It looked like I should have just been passing though the vines not hitting it. Some hitboxes seem off.
Attempting these very strict timers while trying to avoid this stuff at such high speed is not very fun.

1 Like

Some of us didn’t get the option to oil any scales or trim claws because my Cliffside Wylderdrake with the blue scales and fabulous hair is relegated to a stable somewhere in Valdrakken while I get issued a default golden-scaled Wylderdrake that the Dragonriding Emissary magicked up from the factory floor hatchery. :stuck_out_tongue:

They do have a rental Slitherdrake that I can use despite not having unlocked it, which is a great “try before you buy” option, but all that scale-oiling is gonna have to be done by someone else apparently. :wink:

Just look at it like your main drake’s having a spa day and this is your temp drake for the races =)

1 Like

I would love to ride my dragon in the Eastern Kingdoms, but due to unfortunate circumstances I’m stuck in Stormwind caring for Night Elf refugees and wondering why our Hunters keep dyeing when poked with pine branches.

Hmm
 I do like those yellow scales. I guess I’ll have to irritate my wrists all weekend and get bronze all around.

I would love to, but seeing as how Night Elves are functionally extinct due to the sheer number murdered by the Horde
I’ll have to forgo such a risky endeavor. Cheers on all the players who will be killed by invisible tree branches.

Signed,

Stop killing our children, demi gods and burning our homes. Leave us alone.

1 Like

Use the Inky Black Potion!

You can’t make me! You’re not my dad!

How else we gunna train to penetrate the Primalists sophisticated air defense grid if we don’t hug the ground and stay outta line of sight from their AA fire? Blizzard is training us! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Completed all things in under 2 hours, very enjoyable this time around - had much more of a blast than the Kalimdor Cup. Generally had less overly long races (which Kalimdor had a few of), plus less struggle with gold times
 maybe I also just had a better day! Kalimdor had me struggle on Uldum/Ashenvale Reverse, namely.

Krazzworks Klash is, in my opinion, probably the best dragonrace added to the game so far. :dracthyr_yay_animated: It has great use of the vertical area, some tight flying around the buildings, I was very sad to see that I beat gold time on my first attempt (advanced, always do advanced first!) by 7 seconds, so I didn’t get to stay here longer for my completion run.

Gilneas Gambit Reverse had me struggle the most with its low vigor orb count (and honestly the only race in EK where I did struggle), but I then happened to go from 76 to 71.4. We take those!

Plaguelands Plunge, Ironforge Interceptor and Gurubashi Gala had some evil ring/terrain interactions, but the last two I personally felt were still very enjoyable. Special shoutouts to Ironforge Interceptor Reverse letting you rush over the airstrip early on in the race for BIG vigor, very fitting.

Elwynn Forest Flash felt like a perfect beginner course (fits the area), somehow Blasted Lands Bolt comes right after. Searing Slalom, Loch Modan Loop, Redridge Rally and Booty Bay Blast were perfectly fine races, Fuselight Night Flight felt a bit
 odd. That’s the only way I can put it. Still fine.
Twilight Terror on my first 2 attempts had me question the course in its entirety - after figuring out a good way to start it was a nice race, as well.

Deadwind Derby has a very cool double vigor orb grab at the river which I thoroughly enjoyed and had me beat gold by a large margin. Love tracks like this.

Now to get to the actual point of the post: I’m VERY surprised that neither Wetlands (with the archeaology area and Thandol Span) nor Blackrock Mountain (!!!) had a race track. Wetlands would’ve been nice to bridge the large gap between Gilneas/EPL and
 the rest of the EK races. Blackrock Mountain just feels so iconic to me, that I was sure it would be part of the Cup - despite it being indoors, it feels to me like it has great vertical and horizontal space for a race.

I’m excited to see more of these on other continents, especially after how fun Easter Kingdoms was. And I’m hoping that, maybe, there will be more races on Kalimdor/EK in the future (after the other continents got theirs). Maybe a kind of “Expert Cup” thing. Who knows!

2 Likes

When do Dracthyr get to “prep” for flight? I keep asking this question to all the NPC Dracthyr, but they just fly away. I couldn’t follow because Soar was on cooldown.

2 Likes