So how does this Dishonorable kill system work?

Something that cannot be overstated (and likely lost on the newcomers) is that AV was completely unavailable in Classic Era for over a year. It only recently gained a regular once-a-month status while the other two BGs could fire off all week. The explosion in participation is no surprise considering Era’s population growth when paired with this update. It was a perfect storm.

I’m still confused, is this fix going to effect Sep 12 weekly calculation or it only takes affect the following weekly reset ?
Me and many guildies committed DHK this week in order to progress rank further, we want to know the impact

1 Like

This is not very clear. Please elaborate if these changes will be in effect for this week’s calculations, or starting on next week’s calculations.

1 Like

Exactly what I am confused about too.

Its like 19k HKs minimum to get R14. HKs honour credit is rewarded at the beginning of each WoW week of Tuesday, a DHK is credited in immediately and will work to downrank you the second you get it. In theory, you could go from R14 to R1 in just a few hours if you are grouped up with someone who is getting DHKs.

Blizzard originally intended that any player 5 or more levels beneath you would give a DHK, but instead now that is for the NPCs labeled as civilians. Killing a guard will not have that effect. DHKs do not have any form of DR and can continue as long as you continue HKs do have a DR to where if you kill the same person over and over again, you get less honour from them… that was a way to get people to not log in and kill their alts on another account or kill their friends back to back to back.

This update to how Rank is calculated will be implemented and utilized by the weekly calculations that take place on Tuesday, and will account for any DKs already committed in the current week.

We’ve always intended for Dishonorable Kills to reduce Rank.

1 Like

So Anyone who dhk this week will get punished by the new change can we get confirmation on this?

Can you please elaborate on the bucket explanation?

4 Likes

It will never cease to amaze me how Blizzard always finds the worst way possible to try and “fix” things.

3 Likes

Yup. Blizzard is a small indie company. To add along, instead of BUFFING WSG/AB honor, they NERFED AV honor, lol. They don’t listen. Why do they do this

1 Like

DHK penalties are instant. You don’t have to wait for weekly calcs to see their effect.

So does this mean that being 0% Rank 10 for example is now thankfully an Advantage to being 95% Rank 9?

OR

Does this mean a dishonorable kill reduces gains somehow?

I am of the hope that being of a higher rank is advantage and that the system is a lot more granular.

Some clarity would be awesome, most would truly love that because its kinda what we do. LOL.

AV Mark honor is now bugged at 398 instead of 796 like the other two.

1 Like

Can confirm

Care to explain why AV mark turns are only 398 honor now but AB/WSG remain unchanged?

This supposed to promote a meta shift away from AV? Because if it is … its not going to work lol

7 Likes

My two takeaways:

The bad: not cool Blizz is penalizing players for a “clever use of game mechanics.” Blizz made the system and tested it, so I don’t think it qualifies as an “exploit.”

The good: Blizz is obviously reading feedback on the new PVP system and is willing to make changes. Hopefully, fixes to AV and the “all or nothing” ranking system will be forthcoming.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Even as a rogue, I am a happy gnome knowing I no longer have to assassinate a poor orc civilian.

This also punishes players who don’t derank. For instance I’m at 8.49 with getting enough honor for 3 levels above me I should be at 10.09 which is where I wanted to stop for now because it finishes the blue set. However, now instead of getting the full 3000 CP for achieving rank 9 I’m only going to receive 2500 CP. So instead of hitting 10 now I’m going to hit high 9. and because I’m high 9 I’m going to get punished again the next rank.

This is a slap in the face to regular players who also weren’t gaming the system!

4 Likes

Anyone thinking that Classic+ is a good idea, PLEASE look at this thread and realize these people will ruin it. Post the math or it will be figured out, and the community will figure out a better way and upset your unpaid intern-level system. This isn’t hyperbolic - if you didn’t run the math and realize de-ranking was optimal, you aren’t a serious game development company. I’m not trying to be mean. A single discord figured this de-ranking strategy out in an hour for free after first reset.

Tuesday is going to be such a mess, especially if they managed to create a system that makes rank 14 impossible due to the ambiguous “bucket math,” with every good intention in the world. On a serious note, what happens when there aren’t enough BGs in a week to support 500k? Nobody gets r14 at that point.

3 Likes

I feel like all they had to do was calc the DKs with the reset… Then no one could take advantage of of de-ranking to get better progress by being in a lower rank.

1 Like