This Week in WoW: August 21, 2023

This Week in WoW: August 21, 2023

Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. Are you ready to get hard-core? Classic Hardcore realms go live August 24 at 3:00 p.m. PDT!

View Full Article

1 Like

New promotions! Can’t wait to see what’s next.

I’m hoping it’s not another tender bundle. :dracthyr_lulmao:

3 Likes

The brief mention of Classic exploits during Friday’s live chat (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-community-council-live-chat-august-18/) was encouraging but, unfortunately, the discussion revolved around only boosts/bots. There is another widespread and openly gloated about exploit uniquely observed in the Classic Era realms: exploitation of the free transfer service.

Over one year ago and, out of concern for the smaller, often neglected, Classic Era communities, I opened a set of tickets (along with in-game reports and emails to the hacks team) predicting that this type cheating would become more prevalent if Blizzard remained inactive. More than 4 months ago, I created a thread (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-era-exploitation-of-free-transfers/) to confirm that my prediction was correct. Now, I am reaching out to the Community Managers for what is the ELEVENTH consecutive TWIW article for them to give some kind of acknowledgement towards their intent to remedy this exploitative behavior.

1 Like

Ones Amazon prime most likely as the last day to get it is August 24th

The other is most likely a digital deluxe for vanilla

Like they did with burning Crusade and wotlk classic

1 Like

Nothing says “take flight to the skies for the Kalimdor Cup!” like a :magic_wand: :rooster:

2 Likes

I doubt it. The Classic Team has been pretty good at keeping RMT items out of Classic Era.

It would be great if they gave us another Scourge Invasion. So many newly created toons never got to experience it.

1 Like

We’re getting close to the time of year when they put the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket up for sale. It is a little early as it usually goes on sale in September/October time, but I guess we’ll find out soon.

But more likely it will be a new cosmetic for sale with Traders Tenders tied to it :frowning:

Isn’t the virtual ticket free now?

The show is free to watch but the virtual ticket will be around as a optional purchase for those who want the in-game stuff still. You’ll also get exclusive access to Blizzcon merch

Hopefully the virtual ticket will be cheaper this year, but I have my doubts lol

One of the Blizzcon 2023 rewards have been datamined on the PTR, so we’ll probably see the virtual ticket pop up on the store around September 5th (patch day).

Is it possible for one of these promotions be a Sale? trying to get dragonflight expansion in a sale since I missed last one.

We have the Prime promo live. Any word on the second yet?

1 Like

I think it’s the Classic Character Transfer sale :frowning:

Oh, yeah you’re probably right. Bummer. :dracthyr_comfy_blue:

1 Like

pretty sure a transfer is not a promotion. for all we know the next promotion hits when hardcore classic goes live. promotions are limited time and something you can use like the pets and stuff from amazon prime. a transfer is not a promotion it doesnt support or help or do anything good

I think it’s considered a promotion because you can transfer 8 toons for the price of 6. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

Sales are typically considered promotions.