Upgrade Your Account Security with the Battle.net Authenticator

Upgrade Your Account Security with the Battle.net Authenticator

Secure your account by adding the Battle.net Authenticator—now available with the Battle.net App— along with Battle.net Phone Notifications to your account. By adding both to your account, you’ll also unlock four extra bag slots —account-wide—in each character’s main backpack in World of Warcraft.

View Full Article

1 Like

Weird to announce this old news again

Microsoft did something similar, telling people to use more security measures and then days later it was discovered they been hacked

9 Likes

Thought this would be something new.

they recently merged the old auth app with battle.net app so it’s slightly new

4 Likes

Yeah, I heard about that every time I logged in, but I don’t understand how it works with Battle.Net because I can just use the old auth app.

1 Like

Yup. That’s what I got from the article. They are removing the old authenticator from app stores, so this is announcing/recommending the new app you’ll need for authentication.

1 Like

What’s fun is figuring out how to get the code when the battle.net app asks to authenticate itself.

9 Likes

Yeah exactly, I don’t know how to get the code to login if I go to Battle.net.

3 Likes

when i logged in to battle.net app after the change it didn’t require a code. huh.

1 Like

When I logged in it was just normal. I don’t like this change, and it’s making me a bit nervous because I am not sure how this change is going to work. I wish they’d just keep the app

4 Likes

The old auth app will be deprecated in time, so it’s a good idea to activate it in the Battle.net App if you have it installed already. Our article has more information and links to how to activate it in the Bnet App.

Similar article as before (Back in… 2018!) BUT with the notice regarding the move from a separate authenticator app to incorporating it into the Battle.net app. It also reminds people who haven’t set up protection that they get a few more bag slots and a Core Hound Pup if they get it set up. Both good things.

Just tap your avatar in the top left corner, and it will open up options like, “My Profile, Authenticator, Account Settings, App Settings, Notification Settings,” etc.

1 Like

So, does this means the old app will no longer function? What happens if I don’t install the Battle.net app when the old authenticator app “deprecates.”

??

2 Likes

I’m still confused about how this works, I just enabled it just now, but my question is, let’s say I am logged out of the Battle.net mobile app. How do I log back in if I have 2fa? I can’t see this working because I’m not sure if it’s just me, but the Battle Net app logs me out occasionally, and yes, my security stuff is fine but I just don’t see how this will work the two things should be entirely separated.

4 Likes

My guess would be that when you go to retrieve an authentication request, you won’t have an authenticator to get the code from.

Basically, what this does for us as players is remove an additional app that’s not really needed. Personally, I like it better rolled into one app instead of two.

1 Like

My only problem with this is that they need to fix their crappy Battlenet app. Cause on my phone it lets me sign in and sometimes it doesn’t. Considering I am a paying customer, I don’t need someone letting me decide when and if I can log in. Now granted I am not in trouble or banned or anything.

3 Likes

What about those of us who are still using the old physical authenticator fob? (And yes it still works just fine).

7 Likes

My app is constantly says “reconnecting” even tho my internet connection is very good.

1 Like

That is the problem I have sometimes. I see this little endeavor they are presenting to be a HUGE issue. especially when you want to log on and play or it is time for raid. Watch and see

3 Likes

Now I can look at my inactive friends list before logging in! (:

1 Like

Are we about to have the same problem as with Overwatch, where people without an active post-paid cellphone plan will lose total access to their accounts?

Because, surprise, Blizzard doesn’t support VoIP text verification. :unamused:

2 Likes