15th Anniversary AV Event on BfA

The patch 8.2.5 development notes listed something interesting that’s happening with WoW’s 15th Anniversary:

They’ve already returned most, if not all of the 1.12 AV state NPC’s to BfA AV. I wonder if this means they’re recreating a version even older than that for the 15th Anniversary.

If this is the case, they’d have an old-school version of AV they could use for Classic+ or as an event in Classic. I don’t know if they’d do something like that but I at least found it very interesting and perhaps a little hope inspiring for the players who really wanted a more complete version of AV in Classic.

3 Likes

That’d be hilarious if BfA got 1.5 AV as an event.

13 Likes

The key word here is

Could very well translate to “no reinforcements”.

It at least shows that they might think AV is worth spending development time on. Hopefully that willingness does not stop at the modern game.

1 Like

This might be sacrilege, but if we can’t get original AV in classic, I would actually settle for 2 separate versions of AV. I know, I know… and yet it’s tempting.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. I can’t wait to not sub.

2 Likes

Two versions of AV for both modern WoW and classic is by far the best choice. Let the players play the version they want.

1 Like

Better yet rotate them weekly.

1 Like

Would be funnier if Blizzard kept that AV in for BFA after the 15th Anniversary as a form of ‘cross game’ promotions. Although it should not be a surprise that Blizzard would do this in order to use Classic to feed the modern game numbers.

Play WoW Classic for 1.12 AV, play Modern WoW for 1.5 AV.

If they do not differentiate between subs, what would be the point?

This is not getting enough attention.

If it’s landmine and elite patrol hell AV, expect hilarious threads in GD.

Would be great if we could learn more about what “old school” entails, and if the effort put into it will mean it will be rightfully in classic.