The Vigilant Steward, Zskarn Mythic Changes Coming on May 26

I’m sorry but doing this in the middle of the week is one of the most punishing hotfixes you’ve ever done to an encounter.

You’re directly targeting guilds that didn’t kill the boss using an actual bug abuse, and allowing the ones that did to continue extending the raid with a kill that’s straight up invalid?

The “go to a corner” thing, you could excuse as a clever use of game mechanics, sure.

The “remove a trap before the bombs spawn so that the boss doesn’t spawn them AT ALL” is a VERY clear bug abuse.

This feels like such a middle finger to players who wanted to play the fight in the way it was intended.

I’m not suggesting a rollback, but letting this go unpunished by not locking the raid so it’s not extendable next week, only reinforces and encourages people to abuse bugs as hard and as early as possible.

Do more, or don’t implement this at all.

There’s not a single world in which these changes “maintain its prior level of difficulty” in which ~200 guilds just killed Zskarn within ~10-20 tries

Zskarn needs much harder nerfs or no change at all and you just need to accept that you’ve failed with this boss, similar to how you did it with Kurog.

1 Like

Another example of how Blizzard trains the community to:

Exploit EARLY and OFTEN.

EARLY is the focus on this clown show boss.

Fairness is not in their vocabulary. They should have waited till next reset. Sad.

1 Like

All the other changes seem fine, but adding this change really ramps the difficulty for heroic and hurts guilds that only go for AOTC. A random activation of tactical destruction makes it so that my team can no longer learn a repeatable movement pattern.

Please either keep this mythic only or revert this change for all difficulties.

1 Like

The nerf seems much larger than reported. Boss’ hp nerf is actually 25% and golem is 20%. Is this intentional or a “whoopsie”?

We reduced Mythic Zskarn’s health by an additional 10%, to a total 25% health reduction.

Should also take a look at the Boomkin and Destruction Warlock raid bosses in the Arena raid.

2 Likes

This still isn’t a reasonable boss and is much, much, much harder than it was with the cheese strat and is still debatably harder than the version the RWF guilds killed.

The Tactical Destruction bait logic makes this boss miserable across all difficulties.

1 Like

This boss fight isnt working at all. There is simply no way to down this boss before the traps overwhelm the players unless the players are geared for Mythic raid. Majority of my team mates are already geared for heroic and their is simply no way mechanically we can clear the traps in time as there simply isnt enough golems and even just focusing on those in the center of the room. In 3mins or less we are still over run with traps and the healers just can not keep up despite pumping over 100k HPS each.

The boss mechanics are just simply overtuned, plain and simple.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s random, I think it’s based on the largest cluster of players. That means you can control the spawn position, you just can’t drag the boss by himself across the room in order to spawn it away from the group.

The pattern is the same, just triggered by the raid team, not by a single player. The whole group has to do the group mechanic now. There’s a wind up on the spell and a simple lock gate or roar/windrush is enough to get to safety.

Is it even possible to run out of room in 3 mins if you ignore all the traps?

i think this change should be postponed until immediately after my guild kills it. i think we can all agree that’s the fairest decision

1 Like

The change we live last week. The fix made the boss fight even harder even when you didnt try the cheese mechanic.

The RNG on this boss is nonsense, it’d be great if you could just explain what on earth did exactly the one that programmed this boss wast thinking about when they made it, the mechanic is so badly done and it’s so random that gives no chance to even think about an strategy other than burn it down on dps, and guess what? There is no way to finish gearing up as this boss is a nonsense hard wall to get through

RNG and boss design on this boss is really annoying. Count me as unsatisfied this this boss. Please gut the fight or make it easier to complete. These nerfs are just the tip of the iceberg. Please consider more nerfs

1 Like

Not going to lie tough, this seems a bit punitive to those attempting the fight; and those who beat the fight using the exploit get to keep that progression.

All kills for the boss should have been invalidated, all the keys that contain the boss dead should have been reset.

This in every sense, “Pulling the ladder up behind your self”

1 Like

they should force-reset IDs when they make such changes.

2 Likes

Maybe they should break being able to extend at all and just improve how skips are handled a bit.

Do many people enjoy the “extend until done” method anyway?

1 Like

i personally feel the ‘extend’ was meant so you dont lose 80% of your raid every week re-clearing but it lead to an even worse thing.

i wish each ID can only be extended once. then the third week it is forced-fresh.

I don’t think anyone but me speaks out against infinite extensions right now, and i’m not very vocal about it because my guild doesnt extend but … I hate it. exactly because you luck into killing a boss once and never return to it or any boss before it.

you cant farm boss #4 but you’re progressing on boss #7? no

1 Like

Can we get a nerf on this boss so its comparable in difficult to the boss the HoF guilds encountered. Not only is it incredibly rng, variable timers, and then the boss also randomly bugs out.

1 Like

still waiting changes to this boss??? Like are they kidding with this, this is going to kill so many teams