This Week in WoW: May 22, 2023

This Week in WoW: May 22, 2023

Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. The icy winds of Icecrown continue to blow, and it won’t be long until they croon with the Call of the Crusade.

View Full Article

4 Likes

Everyone already knows it’s a Diablo IV tie-in, you can admit it.

4 Likes

May 25

• (Promotion) New Promotion

TCG CHICKEN MOUNT?!

2 Likes

Probably the Diablo event. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Still waiting for Resto Cat buffs, but this is good news.

Let me hope

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like

I really hope it’s treasure goblins running wild all over Azeroth.

3 Likes

Is joyous journeys hitting.?

Actually, I saw one of those on the Forbidden Reach a month ago so they are already around.

Like a killable mob? Or did someone have their pet out? I got a treasure goblin pet for D3 RoS pre-order.

In D3, you can run into packs of them. I want that in WoW lol

1 Like

Killable mob. I was in tank spec, so I didn’t have enough dps to kill it before it jumped in its hole.

1 Like

Oh, actually maybe it is the next Prime drop.

Yeah, there’s a rare that behaves like a treasure goblin (he’s a literal goblin) that, when pulled, starts a timer and if you don’t burst him down he disappears and says thanks for all the loot, etc.

2 Likes

NO, NO, NO, NO!

I think I broke it.

1 Like

Others have mentioned the rare on the Forbidden Reach, but aside from that there’s an event on the in game calendar, on 5/25, that is called “A Greedy Emissary” and the description says, “Strange winds blow in from another world, and sightings of odd, bag-holding creatures spot the land… Find them, and see what treasures they may hold!”

It’s been on the calendar for at least a couple weeks, but yeah, there is a treasure goblin event.

2 Likes

It would be really cool if when the goblin is killed they have a chance to port you to their horde of gold and loot to fight a miniboss like in D3.

1 Like
1 Like

If the event is the mob from forbidden reach I hope tanks and healers can actually partake too. I was short on dps as a healer in killing it before it ran.

Isle of Conquest!

Isle of Conquest!!

Isle of Conquest!!!