Blues News: May 12, 2023

Blues News: May 12, 2023

Stay up to date with World of Warcraft when you join us each week as we round up some of the latest top blue posts and discussions.

View Full Article

3 Likes

For some reason, I misread the title for “Blues Clues”.

13 Likes

I consider this week a big W for Blizzard.

The season came out and while M+ had some initial issues they were addressed in a very timely manner. There aren’t severe time-gates on consuming the content now that it is in our hands and acquiring crests feels rewarding. On top of that, the content is just fun. I’m having a blast. Definitely the best start of a new season of any M+ season I’ve played.

On top of that, the PTR is looking pretty awesome. Old World Flying is Pog and races in the Old World is Pog X10. Best feature in this expansion and it looks like Blizzard is finally pivoting to the feedback and going “all in” on dragon riding. I had said that I was worried when 10.1 released with so few dragon riding races but 10.1.5 is going ham. Obviously 10.1.5 is adding a mega-dungeon which also looks very awesome, the most epic mega-dungeon yet in terms of lore and narrative stakes. Encounters sound pretty cool too, although I’m SLIGHTLY scared that Boss 4 and Boss 8 might feel too gimmicky. We’ll see.

Such a stark contrast compared to Week 1 of the patch which was peak dooming. Good job.

:+1:

4 Likes

Sounds like someone needs coffee.

How many gnomes so far were sacrificed to the blue dragon to bring us blue news?

3 Likes

It is 3am. Always needs cooffee.

1 Like

Go sleep.

:bedge:

:zzz: :sleeping:

1 Like

Don’t feel bad I did too.

3 Likes

Man look at all the blood DK changes so we can finally do damage after all these years

Oh wait never mind

No seriously, not tired.

1 Like

Bow bow bow!

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:man_shrugging:

I stayed up on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning and played horribly. I should have gone to sleep. Folks ended up getting salty because we were all tired and struggling with that Gnoll boss in Brackenhide (this was before the nerf). Bedgeing helps you play better which typically results in more fun. Sleep —> more fun. Seems like a win-win.

Do what you gotta do though.

I consider this week a big W for Blizzard.

The season came out and while M+ had some initial issues they were addressed in a very timely manner. There aren’t severe time-gates on consuming the content now…

I disagree, I’m already capped on drake crests, whelp crests, and if I really tried today I could be capped on Wyrm crests.

It’s very obvious they did not listen to anything their PTR testers provided feedback on from M+ and waited until huge blowback from the greater community after patch release.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I stayed up on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning and played horribly. I should have gone to sleep. Folks ended up getting salty because we were all tired and struggling with that Gnoll boss in Brackenhide (this was before the nerf). Bedgeing helps you play better which typically results in more fun. Sleep —> more fun. Seems like a win-win.

Do what you gotta do though.

Yeah last night a guildie and I were in an 11 neltharius and we just kept slamming our heads into the last boss. Having trouble coordinating the magic items, the damage output from the aoes, the different effects of the magic items (the blue stone that pulls you toward the boss is absolute dogwater of an item and they should all just be a ranged magic channel castable while moving or something). Died maybe 10x on him, didn’t time the key, but we ended up doing it on our last try.

M+ damage is still super overtuned IMO and needs a decrease in damage across the board. Trash damage in ulda and tyr should be applied to every dungeon, whatever that scale is. Boss damage in every dungeon across the board needs to be turned way down by like 50%. It’s still very overwhelming damage output.

Also the new upgrade system is still not good, just go back to valor :expressionless: coulda just put a cap on valor and just made it a little higher or something.

I miss grumpy<3
:heartpulse: :cat: :sunflower:

Aside from the obvious wins with Augmentation and the new dungeon, I would like to thank the team for simply coming out with a timeline. That alone does wonders for communication.

5 Likes

they literally said it would be capped at the start and why wouldn’t it? lol get max geared then not have anything to do and complain after?

Totally read this as “Blues Clues.”

I think that was the whole joke of the post tile.

I want a blue dragon.

pls come over to wrath classic forums mate. we want rdf and jj.