Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid Finder Wing 4 Now Live!

Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid Finder Wing 4 Now Live!

Breach Neltharion’s secret laboratory hidden within Zaralek Cavern. It is here that he created the dracthyr and ultimately succumbed to the whispers of the Old Gods and their corruption. Learn more about the upcoming new raid arriving with the start of Dragonfight Season 2.

View Full Article

5 Likes

I don’t get why LFR must have a 2 week unlock schedule, I’d prefer a new wing each week at least. I already check the raid in Normal/Hero during the first week on my main but I’d like to progress vault with alts and get transmog sooner

10 Likes

Looking forward to more story/lore regarding Neltharion!

1 Like

Who knows, Blizzard sometimes can’t get out of its own way

They don’t want players to experience these moments first in LFR. Everyone who raids should see this stuff in an actual raid first and not the sad state of LFR.

6 Likes

the raid will probably be dead day 1 normal, so i don’t think it matters who or when they experience it

2 Likes

That’s your belief but it may not line up with the actual facts (many casuals may take weeks to clear on normal).

3 Likes

It’s because of the Determination buff. There wasn’t any LFR staggering until Throne of Thunder, which was also when Determination was introduced.

Raids are meant to be taken slowly, and in most cases the time and pulls it takes to figure out and execute how to beat the boss is the obstacle. Since LFR has no obstacles to clearing it, the wings are gated to simulate progression, instead.

This was all clearly spelled out by Blizzard, years ago.

2 Likes

I agree but 2 weeks between each wing is too much, most players who actually raid normal clear it on 2-3 weeks, it’ll be like 1 week before the last wing if Blizzard introduced 1 wing per week.

1 Like

I’m glad wing 1 opens at the same time as the other difficulties for once. But yeah, it’s mostly a pressure just to unsub. Maybe in mythic plus they should disable normals and heroics, and keys lower than 8s for a month

1 Like

What’s a crucile?

LFR can hardly even be called raiding. There is no LFR version of M+. There is no level 70 heroic Temple of the Jade Serpent or level 70 heroic Vortex Pinnacle. You scored on your own goal with that point.

Hope you’ve had fun with timewalking recently

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Getting downscaled to level 40 =/= level 70.

:thinking:

I’m glad we agree, mechanics are fun though!

Edit: normal progress should unlock lfr wings sooner

1 Like

Spelling is hard.

In other news, looking at the bosses of the raid – I think it would make more sense for the Assault of the Zaqali to be a roaming encounter. If the Djaradin are looking for their lost elder, they’d surely be moving throughout Aberrus, not parked in one corner just waiting for a band of murder-hobos to find them.

Granted, I haven’t seen the encounter myself so maybe this is already the case? But I doubt it.

All very nice, I just have one quick question: what do you want me to do in this raid as a Mage? Genuine question because there has been zero communication from you all since before the DF pre-patch. Am I expected to just buff my raid group with Arcane Intellect and then cosplay as a DPS for the entire run hoping that the damage and healing increase from the buff I provide to my teammates will offset the terrible damage profile of my own class? Would love an answer… any answer!

13 Likes

Someone has to make the sammiches for the team when we gets the hungries. <3 We value your snack making efforts!

4 Likes

Don’t Alliance raids just eat the gnomes?

1 Like

If you’re really pugging norm/heroic I have no idea why you would even touch LFR