Unlocking Flying in Battle for Azeroth: Part 1

I know most of you have this already, but it always seems to sneak up on a few people so we wanted to make sure everybody was aware of what Pathfinder Part 1 is and how to complete it before Part 2 (and flying) becomes available with Rise of Azshara.

12 Likes

Good looking out, homes

It’s nice that you posted that.

It’s less nice that opting out of doing the things you don’t enjoy can be construed to mean you don’t value flying at all.

Or that doing Pathfinder to get flying means that you agree with all the prerequisites or “enjoy” the content and find it “fun”.

40 Likes

Any reason for making us wait so long before we can start part 2?

25 Likes

Three reasons:

1. Daily Active Users (DAU)
  2. Monthly Active Users (MAU)
  3. Participation metrics. Players have done 10,000 WQ they love them so much such success!
28 Likes

I got Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part One way back in September of last year. Why have I had to wait soooo long to start Part Two? I already have leveled most of my alts to 120.

28 Likes

I wish more blue posts were like this. Friendly reminders are the bomb. /ThumbsUp

2 Likes

Don’t mess with my water strider Bornakk.

14 Likes

I like the reminder but I don’t like the content requirements. So, I’ll never have flying.

Don’t let my statement stop y’all from posting things like this though.

3 Likes

Pathfinder is a terrible idea. Remove the rep grinds and stop time gating it for half the expansion! Loremaster/Explorer should be the only things required, and flying should be unlocked in the launch zones as soon as they are completed.

33 Likes

Blizzard needs to sit back and ask themselves this question:

“Are we better off today than we were when we removed flying?”

26 Likes

I despise rep grinds and find myself more inclined to log in, play awhile, and do dailies when I can fly around at my leisure. Pathfinder has made me way more cyclical.

5 Likes

I sure wish someone at blizz would want to earn that much money again. As it is they are content to continue creating content that lost them millions upon millions of dollars.

Everyone keeps saying corporations are there to make money, but you couldn’t say that about wow. They have created content that caused millions, think about that, millions of folks to quit playing.

18 Likes

let me translate this in an easier way to understand it…

grind

Grind

GRIND

GRIND

and once you are completely fed up with it and about to cancel your sub remember there is still a part 2 and guess what is that about

more grind!..

you can cancel your sub now…

oh btw FF14 has flight the moment the expansion comes out and you just need to unlock it by doing a few quests no grinding involved…

Oh and there is a 4 yes FOUR passenger mount that flies too and guess what you don’t need to grind 1 month for hours to get it you get it in 3 days.

19 Likes

the content and requirements to give us flying back is simply way over board and a shame a developer got their way in making so difficult.

Why do we have to do so much to get back what we already have?

15 Likes

Why can’t we pay gold for flying like we did back in WOTLK? This extra work through Pathfinder for flying sucks and is useless and I won’t be doing it, no matter how bad I want to fly.

14 Likes

Just unlock flying in an expansion - for free - when the next expansion comes out. Then everyone who thinks it’s so important can experience flying instead of current content.

Because if you don’t march through Drustvar fifty million times and truly admire the detail of every leaf you step on, you don’t deserve flying.

6 Likes

Done in sept last year. Welcome in 2019.
Unlock flying in Draenor, that expansion is 5 years old and sorry, but i wasnt there 5 years ago so i’m not running a 5 y.O quest chain just to fly.
Do it, you want the money.

4 Likes

honestly I don’t care anymore

3 Likes