Ashran Live on the PTR

100 broken bones is easy, I can get that WITHOUT Ashran even now. Ganking one level 110-120 player gets me 6-8 broken bones and I already have 386 of that. But with Ashran, that beautiful huge battleground they call ashran, I’m guessing 15 minutes in there will get me 100+ broken bones.

I mean, you have to be level 100 to get in the coliseum, can you join the new Ashran BG at level 100? :thinking:

A S H R A N :heart:
THE MEAT GRINDER SPINS AGAIN

1 Like

Where are you getting this info? Please share cause I’m lost. I honestly thought once a person builds level 3 gladiator sanctum you can then queue into the Highmaul Coliseum instance immediately. I don’t know about the “level 100” thingy.

You can queue into the Coliseum right now, actually, but it’s like trying to run LFR in pre-BFA raids. Nobody queues for it, so you either need a premade or have to wait for 8.2.

I know it’s hard to get it to pop up an instance since it’s an Epic Battleground and requires a good number of people, but yes, it is available. We will likely do some focused testing during the cycle though so keep an eye out for it and the changes we made for it to make more sense as a BG (like a reinforcement counter so it does actually finish).

4 Likes

We’re trying to form two premades up right now to get in it. Can you confirm if we need full 40 each side to start it? Perhaps the requirement could be lowered for testing purposes?

I thought ashran was hated in WoD?

1 Like

Just confirmed they lifted the level 100 requirement near to the end of legion lol

It was more or less forced, voluntary content in WoD. But in Legion, it became optional, and was a lot better off as a result. A pretty sizeable community aspect popped up in Legion Ashran. Was pretty nice because a lot of people became ‘regulars’ in there, so to speak. Like a speakeasy.

2 Likes

…how high is this reinforcement counter? 20 minute Ashran would be a travesty.

hows it feel too do ashran?
Ya know, one of the first causes of the horde starting this war?

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

Then you lost me.

We have over 33+ in our group on ally right now, Horde side is growing fast too. We’ll q for raids soon.

Could use a few more spunky testers down to have some fun in Ashran!! :grin:

Kinda what I was thinking. Didn’t like it in Legion either.

1 Like

I wish Ashran was open world like before, and not part of a silly instance. All they need to do is add proper Level 120 rewards to it and it will flourish.

All the way up to Legion patch I was playing in Ashran some 4-8 hours a day, and then Legion instanced it, effectively breaking it.

1 Like

Does this mean I can finally finish out the Vol’jin’s Spear rep? I wasted more time than I care to admit farming up 21 Medallions of the Legion to do it only to find out when I used one that the rep is no longer covered on it…

2 Likes

Bornakk, can you move all the spoiler-ish threads about the PTR to In-Development forum where they belong?

Is there a flag I can use to ask for moves?

I tested the Medallion of the Legion on early 8.2 PTR and it still didn’t give any reputation for Vol’jin’s Spear / Wrynn’s Vanguard. I reported it as a bug so hopefully it will get fixed.

I wasn’t able to test whether the 8.2 Ashran itself still gives reputation (for turning in artifacts, etc.) because my queue never popped.