150+days playing time in old classic/tbc why I'm strongly against classic boosting

In a world where RMT doesn’t exist to purchase both gold and accounts, this would be true. However, we don’t live in the world (of warcraft).

The combination of boosting and RMT is the problem. Boosting is an incredible asset to RMT providers.

I agree. I think a lot of this boosting and GDKP is financed by gold buying. But hey, it is what it is.

1 Like

Your (not you) journey just only consist of going to places and getting quests or doing occasional dungeon or PvP, along with talking with some people, and friends just stay consistent, since bnet exist and foes are fairly consistent across the board.

Not really, you can even solo level out in the world without interacting with players at all, it’s tough, but it’s doable.

Social aspect in any game makes the experience fun, but i don’t know how it makes it unique. Especially since this idea isn’t even unique to WoW to begin with.

Oh boy, the “enjoy the same way i do or nobody is having fun” agrument. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is not true for people trying to get dungeon gear for their leveling and/or pve experience.

Players like me enjoy searching hidden corners, looting every mine, and getting that dope gear as a pre 60. Boosting makes it harder to enjoy that type of experience, the type of experience blizzard intended it to be and that made it a great game.

1 Like

And those few items per raid tier entice many people to raid previous tiers. As long there is a single BiS item, the raid is relevant.

We are yet to see this. I highly doubt it. My guild failed to clear BWL in the first reset, we were stuck on Firemaw. Many other guilds were stuck there too. So we experienced progression even in a raid as easy as BWL. I would be very very surprised if we kill C’thun in the first reset. AQ can offer proper progression for us. The fact that some other guild is going to clear AQ on day one is irrelevant for our own experience.

This is your opinion, and based on the relative number of people leveling properly versus the number of people getting boosted, I would say most people don’t agree with you.

It isn’t a snooze fast if you push to improve your clear times every week. The number of people raiding in Classic is huge, most likely the majority of all players with a level 60 character. If it’s such a chore which people don’t enjoy, why are they still doing it?

I LOVE raiding in Classic. Many people do.

People like you are the minority of the playerbase. You have the option to advertize for the runs you want in global channels. The fact that people do not reply to those means they don’t want to play the way you do. Forcing the majority of players to play in a way they hate just to appease the minority of players is horrible game development. Find the few people like you on your server, add them as friends, set up dungeon running hours and have fun. Do not force the people who don’t want to play with you to come.

It’s pretty obvious why many people raid in classic.

1. it’s the only PvE content option to upgrade your character after level cap.

2. it’s so easy there is no skill barrier that prevents people from participating.

Some people dont even play they just sit in instances all day, that is how they enjoy the game. :man_shrugging:

I think the question of “should this be an exact replica” vs “how can we free the classic/vanilla experience.”

Blizzard has already made a few changes to certain buffs and passives just to negate how much they were to basically cheating. This things are in general not healthy for the game since as unlimited amplify magic and lighting bolt. Which is why blizzard removed them.

Personally I think the experience is more important than the exact details of releasing vanilla. It’s a new age, patch it/remaster it to fit suit. But keep the original experience.

What do you mean, there’s nothing wrong with working outside the game, buying wow tokens in retail, trading retail gold for classic, and buying whatever you want.

Likewise, there’s nothing wrong with buying additional accounts to multibox with, patrol multiple spawn points at the same time, bypass need to group with other players.

Likewise there’s nothing wrong with buying additional opposite faction accounts to use both horde and alliance auction house/smuggle goods over with neutral auction houses, and to mind control players on opposite factions to kill them on your main. And to get warchief’s blessing on alliance.

Also nothing wrong with buying additional accounts to store more resources on if your 10 player bank limit is not enough to hoard resources.

Game integrity hasn’t been a thing since 2006.

It’s the world of warcraft that you play.

Sorry I was being sarcastic, shoulda mentioned. Black Desert is the epitome of micro transanctions and I think old school classic is a relief from that. It’s a game from a time period where people played games, just to have fun and enjoy. There’s such a strong competitive mentality and it doesn’t need to be in classic. People with real skill and dedication it will be obvious, and they can start streaming if they wanna go pro) very few). Endless exploring was part of the content. This is a step up where games where still in the infancy of the technological boom like balders gate and Diablo 2. This was a step in a new era.}

The problem is boosting also disrupts with balance. Classic was very fine tuned from the ground up. 19 was a twink fest for sure. but 29 you could beat twinks with dungeon gear and skill. 49 back then med enchants could and dungeon/pvp gear once again competes with 1000s of gold and scaling only goes lower as level increase. I can see how can it put new players off but thats also part of the wow and inspiration factor that causes ppl to aim big.

A few memories in classic that would not be able to exist in to days retail and new classic boosting environment* (some in latter).

1. Gut Ripper ddrop near arena. long story short I won in a group roll. It was the only epic random drop like that that ever dropped. a happen by chance to be grinding with some random in a random spot cause we both bored waiting for arena or something (old school arena). Even in world groups are harder to find, especially with world boosting.

2. Killing a 60 warrio as a 51 frost mage in aq. It took all my mana and I twinked out a lil as a49 (no main and this was first char so i wasn’t gold efficeinet at all). It took all my mana and was a super long battle but and his gear wasn’t special but it was a super rewarding experience. Which goes to show how fine tuned it was where anything was possible in right circumstances.

3. Running RFD over and over with pugs but eventually having to give up on vanquishers sword after 3-4 runs and no drops and had to settle for next best option.

Brings up the balance of time vs reward. It takes alot of time to gear up for your intentions. Especially if your in pugs without the group finder looking specific runs. It’s a long and tedious road to get desired gear in a sea of pugs and even then it will usually take days to weeks to get a piece, as 1 dungeon could take all night. It might be 1-2hours before you get a group, another 1hr to get there, espeically on pvp servers, and with wipes and what not even 3+ hours to complete. You wanna have a dope as 39 you will have to work for it, but thats also waht made it so great and balanced against ppl who took the gold over time option. Unfortunately boosting harms rather then helps this balance. Especially when you talk about pre 60 pvp where most gear is baselined at BOSS level from all the boosting most ppl are doing. The fluff is now mixed in with special forces but everyone seems the same. Originally battlegrounds were a somewhat close resemblance to a natural bell curve of distribution.

This length in time to find groups for dungeons (not just for twinking, some people just want to run dungeons because they are fun) and this leaves times of opportunity for new and unique experiences like rare drops, different explorations of environments, cool grey creatures, and even world pvp (which is hte best in right circumstances). A cool ancient relic (I found one on the edge of a sea after hours of swmming).

1. Lastly another thing miss is the long grind created unique experiences. One time I was grinding crocolalies in this icy valley place (forget name), its alot of crocs of exp but it feels rewarding after you sell all the level for your 38/39 enchants while you stop at 39 for a bit while moving.

One time I was grinding these cros and there was another horde rogue grinding, he was a pretty decent player and there was like 40 min of us killing each other (mostly me on him) with eachother. Experiences like this are what made wow classic a classic. if you stream and mainline something where everything is pretty much the same you take away from these unique experiences. WHich I think is fine, in retail, but the original intentions and format of wow classic should be intake. And this should be a decision made by the community. With sepperate wow classic, tbc, and retail in a sense everyone is happy cause they can ether play guarenteed content what htey want when they want or they can go old school for a little bit.

People often miss the point classic was from a different era of time where the pace of combat and in game was much slower today. This includes exploration and progression. I agree the leveling sucks, but it was necessary for balance. Bloosting is speeding up the game, there is retail for that. I believe wow classic should maintain its low speed for ppl who want to experience it and have the patience for it. TBC will be there for ppl who want the leveling exp to be squished a bit.

Personnally when they did the first 60 squish bre bc that felt about right, maybe a little much for later levels but thats just personal opinion. As for classic at the very least when they bring in tbc I hope they patch it. You can tell classic has and is still losing players. You can do thissimply by observing realm size and list. If Blizzard acted and made decisions that were for the better health of the community they would have better health in their player base. That is to say long term players who don’t leave rather constantly searching to try and add new markets in when they already initially have a good player base. WoW classic is suffering and they could help it with patches to fix abuse of certain game mechanics in the old engine.

But w/e maybe people are right and we should leave it how it is. But I then feel a remaster would be do.

Boosting is lame, but for none of the reasons you’ve mentioned.

It’s because the game is run by characters with 500 alts who play in 500 different guilds and pretend all their characters are mains. They take real raid spots away from players who only have 1 or 2 characters.

Just make it so that when they post about selling a run in LFG they get an in game chat suspension for 3 days. Problem solved.

Join the hardcore challenge!

Sadly boosting will stay in the game for different reasons :slight_smile:

1. Blizzard doesnt give a heck. They could lock instances between certain levels but Blizzard doesnt give a heck. Everybody with working brain cells could see way before Classic launch and since that Blizzard is trying to kill Classic. They took some very weird decisions, they do not give a heck about fixing things and they hind behind the “No changes” to solve game issues or fix things but clearly there were changes since Day 1.
  2. People are lazy and they just wanna be lvl 60 quick with no effort.
  3. As long there is demand there would be offer too and it is a win win for “everybody”. Sadly not the newer players who can not find groups for quests and run dungeons. There is a trick in this too : “Is the game to hard? you can not find groups? check out our Retail…it is easier and soloable”.
    I dont mind if you are boosting or buying boosts but without knowing you are killing your game. Soon there will be only you and some of your buddies. New players will have a bad experience and they will leave…some or your buddies will burn out too and leave.

Boosting is easy to fix. Make exp be based off highest level, not group average. Instantly no boosts.

1 Like

I agree with you that boosting is 100% xp leeching while afk. Why is this bannable in pvp, but ok in pve if you the organizer some gold? It’s no different than 51 to 59s farming harpy caves in AV!

because bot my main are engi i though i would lv profession character .

So on my rogue lv 21 kill a mob in hillsbrad got the recipe that remove 2 poison. value 200g .

thats why i dont care about the classic community anymore and why i no more recommend playing classic to anyone. the community is crap.
i dont want to play with any boost supporters or worldbuff minmaxers.

Yes, because NONE of the players buying or offering boosting participate in RMT. They ALL get their gold legitimately by earning it in game…

I also have some oceanfront property in Arizona I would like to interest you in. :wink:

Thanks.