$15/ month, Pay-2-Win and still more spam than F2P games

It’s ridiculous the boosts for “gold” spam has been PLAGUING the game for SIX MONTHS. It’s obvious Blizzard does not give a *, because of the sweet revenue it generates on two fronts. Players who buy tokens to “win” (Pay-2-Win), congrats Blizzard you finally did it and the boosters who invariably sell this gold for cash, which invariably suppresses the cost of buying tokens in gold (and thus more tokens sold). For the first time 15 years of playing this game I have disabled trade chat.

We pay a subscription fee don’t we?

80 Likes

Boosts for gold are a legitimate service according to Blizzard. But should only be in the Trade Chat. They should crack down on the ads in LFG but I doubt they actually care.

There are addons to sweep it out. BadBoy is one.

4 Likes

So do the people selling boosts for gold.

9 Likes

So when do we go slay the Jabberwocky?

3 Likes

Less balance changes than free games as well.

40 Likes

Yeah, you know the real problem is this game’s * community now. Ten years ago the community would have been on the brink of burning Blizzard HQ to the ground over this crap. Whatever I digress.

14 Likes

The rage over star pony is still one of my favorite things ever. I think gamers as whole have been slowly worn down over corporate greed. Its far from just WoW that’s been monetized.

5 Likes

What if I told you boosting was happening 10 years ago just through illegal methods. Only difference now is it’s not done through illegal gold farming sites so ppl can be open about it and not be banned

5 Likes

Oh you can buy skill? Wait no, so who cares.

3 Likes

I’ve seen gold boosts since BC. It’s just more prevalent nowadays with entire Discord communities built around it.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/badboy_ccleaner

10 years ago, people were going crazy and trying to get this banned. Then “top elite” guilds complained they had no reliable means of earning gold in this game to support the world first races. Blizzard suggested they sell runs for lower skilled people to earn gold. And now here we are.

3 Likes

For the last 6 months? Trade chat has been nothing but people selling boosts for years now.

14 Likes

I think I got the BadBoy addon in WoD :thinking:

I always feel sorry for the “I don’t use addons” guys, their experience must be awful.

2 Likes

Wait…did you just suggest that we should buy gold with real money?

What a horrible suggestion…Unless you want to be banned. Safer just to unsub at that point

6 Likes

Outside the gold boosting, which people complain about if you try to nip it at the bud so it’ll never stop + it’s the community doing it, WoW still has less cash shop stuff than pretty much every other MMORPG on the market.

The mass market has spoken.
It’s actually shocking Blizzard hasn’t caved.

3 Likes

I would tell you as someone who played since launch that it was but a fraction of what it is now. And anyone who tells you otherwise is liar :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I would agree and think Blizz is not the worst offender out there in the MMO world when it comes to the cash shop. But also to be fair to those games, many of them are F2P so that’s simply their business model.

1 Like

The thing is even a lot of the F2P games out there are not Pay-2-Win. Sure, you can undoubtedly go around said game’s TOS but that’s not comparable to buying tokens through Blizzard for a boost.

1 Like

I use addons but really, some of the things that addons address should just be fixed. There’s no excuse for some things in the stock UI to continue on being as broken/ineffective as they are.

Yeah it wasn’t all that common back then, and what little RMT happened was “small fry” stuff because most people were afraid of getting caught.