15 Mists. NF and Lust needed. No Hunters!

Thanks to Blizzard excellent class balancing. Boomkins and Mages are once again the only ranged DPS that are viable this tier for M+

You can’t do m+ at level 40.

5 Likes

This is pretty dumb because Hunters are actually good at M+.

3 Likes

Especially in mists where the pulls are juicy for dat survival uncapped aoe baby!

1 Like

This is the same guy that made the thread saying Boomkin are over powered in raid and only looking at the KT and painsmith fights. Ignore the troll.

Except Surv is melee that that is a worse kind of cancer. If you’re going to take melee, you take the melee with much better utility.

The 15% buff helped hunters quite a bit, but I’m already starting to see scaling issues that allow some other classes to effectively negate the buff. We had a good 2-3 weeks but now it’s (almost) like it never happened.

Don’t confuse “good” with “not bad”.

It’s an important distinction.

You don’t play SV in a mythic plus setting and it shows.

What you won’t do is come for SV and its place in mythic plus because its dps pops all the way off.

Its clear that you don’t like SV or aren’t aware of how strong it is, either way it excels in mythic plus settings with fairly consistent strong cleave dps. Please take several seats with your foolishness :tipping_hand_woman:t6: :chair: :chair: :chair:

Also don’t confuse your mythic plus performance with everyone else’s.

Another important distinction.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing that SV DPS is strong in M+.

What I’m saying is that there are several melee specs that are as strong and bring better utility.

We bring lust a dispell, cc, and a ST stun.

We are also one of two Melee dps that can dispell the mender’s in Spires and pick up their weapons to use the melee bonus, the other being enhancement shamans.

We bring enough utility with strong dps. Not niche enough to secure an obscure spot in the invitational but enough of one to contribute a lot and be a solid melee pick.

2 Likes

I take the player with the most skill that I can determine and not what meta they’re currently slaved to. I was pushing nearly 8k overall on most big pull dungeons with mine last season and I fully expect a much more skilled survival hunter with a more skilled team will be doing far more this season.

I understand we’re not considered the best due to not having the best supposed melee utility. However, our utility kit is extremely good for the content. Completely irrelevant that the other 2 specs do the same thing as all 3 specs perform at a decent enough level and are more than capable of doing 2k range key content. Anything past that is prestige and can be reviewed further once you get into ranges where the spec actually matters.

99% of pugs are not so enlightened.

If your response is “don’t ever pug”, then ok, but that’s not helpful for players without a solid M+ team.

You can always run your own keys. It’s what I did for my KSM as BM last season. Then you can take whoever you want.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I have a solid group most of the time, but when I do PUG I’m declined from 99% of the groups I apply to. While that sucks, I also understand why that happens.

When my normal group needs to PUG a replacement, nearly every single Hunter we accept is terrible. They don’t Tranq Shot, don’t trap, don’t interrupt, and pull unwanted mobs by right clicking. It’s so prevalent, I’m almost embarrassed to play a Hunter.

1 Like