Which elevator will kill you first?

Falling from high places to my death. Sometimes it was due to wall jumping up to a point and then hitting a bad slip. Sometimes it was off a tree branch. Many times it was elevators and latency, or zeppelins and latency.

What (vanilla) falling deaths are most memorable to you?

I remember when Wrath added Achievements, they also showed statistics. My number of deaths from falls was greater than anything else. Even on a priest who should have always had light feathers and levitated. :angel:

9 Likes

South Barrens Elevator lol

Or falling into Ungoro from the side of Tanaris.

7 Likes

Undercity…still kills me to this day.

13 Likes

I got killed a couple of times when the zep to Undercity exploded or something and just vanished from below my feet.

8 Likes

Probably the elevator in the undercity! Tauren gets stuck and then struggles through only to fall lol.

6 Likes

Being on any random boat at the beginning of the game like patch 1.0 and the boat just disappears mid voyage lol.

3 Likes

Honestly, my worst falls were the ones where I thought I had enough health to survive jumping off a tower, but I didn’t. I don’t remember dying to an elevator.

3 Likes

The Elevator to SSC.

Gonna go ahead and say I’ll manage to auto walk off of Thunderbluff at some point early on in Classic.

10 Likes

Has anyone even used the Thunder Bluff elevator in the last few expansions? The starter quests even give you a free ride and with the added flight points after Cataclysm I don’t think any players have ever used that elevator since then…

I can’t wait to go back to Classic WoW where Thunder Bluff is the only flight point in all of Mulgore and you didn’t have it by default.

6 Likes

Not really an elevator but in Ferales there is a elf who transports u up to a high mountain, there u can buy a one time use parachute. The catch is that the parachute lasts very short and if u use it at the top u will fall to your death…

6 Likes

I can still remember the feeling of seeing the zep come in, and knowing it was going to be oh-so-close whether I made it up the platform or not.
And every now and then, you race to the top and the whole thing is moving out, picking up speed, the gap growing wider, and you make that leap…

Those times when you make it, everyone laughs and cheers you. Spirits are raised.
But there are other times when you end up a splat on the ground…they are still above you and their laughter trails off into the distance.

19 Likes

I didn’t feel bad the first time it happened. After that, I felt progressively dumber.

3 Likes

Are you sure that was an elf? Sounds like a troll to me.

1 Like

This is my nemesis too. But mostly because I lack patience and always try to make it before the door closes and the bottom drops out. I’d say my record is 50/50 to this day.

1 Like

No mistakes. Only happy accidents

7 Likes

The Great Lift at the border for barrens and thousand needles. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Well considering I will be rolling Tauren I suppose the Thunder Bluff “express” gets me once or twice when I am distracted.

2 Likes

My lack of patience in waiting for the TB elevator is so bad that I’ll often soul stone myself before jumping off the platform into the open air. The repairs costs are worth it, but it only works for going down.

1 Like

I just know i’m going to end up killing myself on one of the 1k needles elevators.

2 Likes