Group Loot in Raids

How happy are you with the way the raiding loot distribution is for Dragonflight? I would personally like to see it revert back to personal loot as i feel with the loot protection it provided , we would at least walk out of a raid with 1 item. There are many other reasons i would like personal loot to return but i always like to hear others opinions. So what do you think?

69 Likes

Its not good.

28 Likes

Raids? I vaguely remember those.

3 Likes

I hate group loot. But my raid handles it well, so it is what it is.

I vote for personal loot with the trade restrictions removed.

35 Likes

Some people say it’s the same as personal loot but you can see the rolls now. However that really isn’t the case.

22 Likes

Just split it to Group Loot for guilds and Personal for LFR/Pugs.

I’m pretty sure Blizz turned Group Loot on for the season so people would remember how much it sucked and stop asking.

16 Likes

Pretty good. The only thing I wish is that there were weapon tokens.

Warglaives and Agi Daggers really do be dead drops.

5 Likes

Feels more loot droughtish, I still don’t have a tier set since raid got released and thats not good.

Personal loot just seems more fair than someone winning several rolls in a row or some group doing drug deals in the shadows. Thats just me tho.

20 Likes

Group loot in raids is still a huge issue as well. Same problem occur where people just get overly lucky and others are shafted the entire raid tier.

7 Likes

Anything is better than loot being handed out at random.

I’m not saying this group loot is without its flaws, but it does have a higher chance of assuring the people who need the upgrades will get them instead of loot that might be a huge upgrade to one person instead being assigned to a person who doesn’t even need them and will likely just vendor it.

3 Likes

on the normal raid i did didnt get a single piece, but will try again next week

5 Likes

I’ve won 3 items in 4 weeks.

3 Likes

Personal loot with no ilevel trade lock and bring back bonus rolls.

15 Likes

Personal loot sucked.

2 Likes

I’m fine with personal loot for LFR. Mostly because I can’t roll need on an item I already have a higher ilvl version of and only run LFR for transmog, so I’m essentially just never going to get LFR mog as a raider with how it currently works unless I level a second DK for the sole purpose of farming LFR until I have the entire set.

2 Likes

Vast improvement.

1 Like

Considering I have 34 boss kills this expansion and have won 2 pieces of loot, only because nobody else needed them? It’s going great! Group loot in pugs is awesome! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Blizzard needs to triple the amount of loot that drops in raids.

People should be focusing on that.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t say triple, but double is probably closer as it puts it to the 40% M+ gets. Going back to weapon tokens from Nathria outside of “unique” drops like Sylv Daggers or Evoker Staff would also help. Seeing a Bow drop 3 weeks in a row or something when you have 1 Hunter isn’t nice and would just happen more with higher loot yield.

3 Likes

People that don’t get this haven’t done organized content where it matters. Does it suck being a healer and generally getting items last? Sure, but people that actually do higher content CAN (not will) set that aside and know what leads to higher success for the group.

I can imagine the disaster PL would’ve been for even heroic raid groups this tier if something like the Fury Warrior got all the tier pieces early when they don’t even use it over IL. Despite what I just said, PL also lends itself ON AVERAGE to having 4 people with 1 piece instead of 1 person with 4 piece with the former doing literally nothing and the latter increasing throughput by 10-15%.