I want to buy transmorpher beacon

but a 1 hr cooldown is way too high.

8 Likes

You will pay $10 to not have fun, and you’ll not like it mister!

5 Likes

Really only 40 minute cooldown since the costume lasts 20 minutes.

2 Likes

I own the toy, and the hour cool down isnt that bad, i honestly right click the buff if i get a boss that i dont like :stuck_out_tongue: but i guess to each their own. And i if you use other toys like sky mirrior, orb of deception, etc while its on cd, you’ll find that it helps smooth out that “gap” of waiting.

I use things like this pretty often as well and so I agree this. Part of the fun (for me) is to be continually changing so I like to start with the transmorpher now and can then switch if I don’t like it to one of the other toys. Sky Mirror is still fun when people are confused that they are staring at themself. :slight_smile:

Also, for the record, this post is not an April Fools joke, it’s just a conversation.

7 Likes

Blizzard is known for limiting game “fun” with long cooldowns on toys and limiting some toy usage to old zones only.

It’s a crap design IMO.

Don’t even get me started on the transmog seasonal limitation.

15 Likes

I’m actually fine with the cooldown, I love the toy and use it every hour. BUT if a friend puts theirs down, I should be able to use it even though I used mine within the last hour. The only cooldown should be on our item. Don’t want my friend to buy one if the only time they’re on is when i’m on!

6 Likes

I dont like this logic at all. Youre basically saying nothing about the CD itself but just say use other toys.

CD times are completely arbitrary. The three conservatory scrolls toys from the Legion Mac’ree rare that do the EXACT SAME THING but with different colors all have vastly different CDs for no reason. Thats plenty evidence to me that you dont actually consider the toy, just slap same random CD on them and leave it.

And lets not forget the time people were enjoying the permanent fire wings toy so you nerfed the toy with an excessive CD

6 Likes

This is honestly what ruins the beacon for me. You have an internal 1h cooldown when you transmorph. You can’t use anyone else’s or even your own to try and get another. You get one morph, per hour, no exceptions.

I don’t understand the harsh limitations on a fun item that people paid REAL MONEY (or someone else’s money via gold) for.

I mean, it just confirms that rumor that Blizzard detects fun, and they always nerf it, even if it’s an item we have to shell out $10(/the gold equivalent) for.

3 Likes

I don’t find a problem with this because I don’t often play a character more than 20 minutes anyway so I can transmog - switching over to another character and if I am playing with a friend then use his.

Per character.

Yea I agree, For toys I mostly like the ones that change my character. Especially the Bird one from Tanaan Jungle. I really, really enjoy using them in PvP b/c I can tell the enemy is pissed off and doesn’t release their spirit when they see a giant bird hovering over them :slight_smile:

Will of Northrend is also a fun one to key bind to an ability…Seems like I get the Thunder Dwarf way too often though

Can you guys please look into either
A. Reducing the cooldown of the Transmorpher Beacon.
Or
B. Removing the internal cooldown so that you can use a friends beacon if yours is on cooldown or something.

It’s a cool toy but the arbitrary cooldowns are insane and nonsensical.

5 Likes

Some cooldowns are in place for server stability. (No, upgrading servers wouldn’t help if thousands/millions of players were to spam some of the toys) People in Bgs tried (and probably still do) to get other players to dc by spamming spells and toys.

So once again, it’s not Blizzard trying to limit fun, it’s players who lack self control who are causing Blizzard to take steps to limit the affect these toys can have on others.

All well and good if you have those toys.

If you have the two mirror pet toys (one lets you copy your pets appearance and other lets your pet copy you). If you want to keep the transmorpher appearance longer than twenty min. You copy it onto pet and just copy it back on as needed.

1 Like

Has it gotten so bad that you need to point out what are or are not April Fools jokes? We’re not the Diablo community…

2 Likes

I dont think people want all CDs removed but have like a 1-2 hour CD for a 5 minute effect seems redundant. I honestly doubt 99% of the toys were given their CD based on server stability.

1 Like

Are you sure?

I only ask because there’s a great many threads in GD that could benefit from some “blue” attention, and that this particular thread/issue is what you choose to partake in is quite amusing to me.

3 Likes

Just buy the transmog mount

Blizzard has detected fun. Blizzard has nerfed fun.

For certain toys, I understand the long cooldowns. But for a toy like the transmopher, which doesn’t make any disruptive noises and only alters your character if you choose to interact with it, I think the hour cooldown is highly unnecessary.

I’d kind of like Blizzard to revisit toys and their cooldowns, and loosen up a little. However, it’s probably such a low priority thing for them I won’t count on it happening any time soon.

1 Like