Cosmic Flux and current tier gear moving forward

For context: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/eternitys-end-class-sets-to-become-legacy-gear-in-dragonflight-pre-patch/393532

With the recent annoucement that our Season 3 and 4 Tier gear going Legacy and being disabled upon pre-patch, I’d like to ask how are we going to get this seasons tier gear since we can only catalyst our seasonal gear into tier?

I’d also like to talk about the future of Cosmic Flux.

Currently, we have a TON of options on how to acquire Cosmic Flux and I think it’s in a good spot for the current version of the game. We get it from PVP, Raids, World Quests, Mythic+, World Boss, Weekly Quest, and Torghast. However, once Dragonflight comes out, I assume our only way of acquiring more Cosmic Flux is via World Quests in Zereth Mortis and the weekly.

Why would anyone want to get the tier gear when the tier bonus no longer works come prepatch?

Transmog.

People love transmog, and some people just love collecting gear to fill up that ATT Collection bar. I propose decreasing the amount needed to Catalyst gear into tier by half, while also doubling acquistion rate from ALL sources.

This will help ease the acquistion rate in Dragonflight and beyond as World Quests may be the only option to get Cosmic Flux, and the tier gear moving forward.

3 Likes

With the Dragonflight pre-expansion patch, the powers on the gear will be disabled. That’s the only change being made to that gear. You’ll still acquire that gear and upgrade it in the same ways in the future as you do today, and the Catalyst will remain in place as before.

3 Likes

So you’re saying that DF Seasonal gear can be turned into Shadowlands tier gear if we wanted? Currently, you can only use Season 4 gear to turn into Shadowlands tier and Sandworn relics. Once this season / expansion goes away, that would leave only Sandworn gear to be able to catalyst into tier, with no upgrade path.

To clarify this is less about tier set bonues and mostly about the different appearances (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) in Dragonflight and beyond.

I would surmise that dragonflight has its own catalyst to use to upgrade dragonflight gear. You should be able to transmog run in the Sepulcher of the first ones and use the Catalyst to convert that into tier gear for transmog still. That’s how we did it in season 3.

1 Like