What is the incentive to being alliance?

I’m wondering what is your reason for being alliance? Is it sunk cost? Friends you have made over the years? The aesthetic of noble humans with their blue and gold colors?

When it comes to PvP and PvE, the Horde obviously has the edge on the Alliance. This trickles down to affect even casual player base just by overall quality of players around the faction.

14 Likes

I like getting the story on both sides, plus Alliance have some awesome races: Gnomes, Dwarves, etc.

7 Likes

I just rerolled back to Alliance after years of playing Horde.

I’m pretty casual, really only play random BGs when i do log in.

I win about the same and have short queues, so…

(Oh, ans Stormwind >> Org)

21 Likes

Our races look better.

30 Likes

Alliance have the better mage cookies.

5 Likes

I love hanging out in Elwynn Forest.

2 Likes

no real reason other than picking the Left Twix

3 Likes

Three words: Big. Dwarven. Beards.

26 Likes

I play both but I like the way armor sets fit on my ally toons

Everyone knows that the Right Twix is superior though. :wink:

2 Likes

Not going to lie, I sometimes go to Elwynn Forest and just chill and look at people pass by while the music is on the background.

My first character was a human and this is always very nostalgic specially when I see new players joining the game. I try to help them as much as I can if I spot one, but not enough to ruin their immersion of the game

1 Like

As the Alliance, you get to dress up like a Crusader, and Lady Waycrest will make you Inquisitor General of the Ordos Hereticus.

Now if only the GCD changes were gone so it didn’t feel like I was playing in molasses and I’d spend all my free time running around in War Mode purging Heresy.

2 Likes

Because my GF said “ew horde” and later came to regret that decision, but we were in too deep. Just when you think you’re out, they pull you back in

5 Likes

The environment on Alliance is less antagonistic, at least from a RP standpoint.
You can’t take two steps in Orgrimmar without some Orc Warrior challenging someone else to a fight or some Belf acting aloof and haughty, and it gets real tiresome.

People on A-side feel like they’re not just going around, waiting for someone to look at them funny.

8 Likes

Some of the races are really nice looking and have powerful racials. Night elf, both dwarf races, and now kul tiran are things I really like.

The most noticeable incentive for me is different though. See, I’m some one, when I look in the dungeon premade section, when I see a lot of keys I want to join… well I freak out. I just lose my wits. Should I sign up for this one or that one? The one that gives me score or the one that gives the best gear?

Well that’s the nice thing about alliance. Never going to have any problems like that there.

:crazy_face:

7 Likes

Great RP insight. Never knew about this, but to an extend it makes sense. Is Silvermoon City a lot more like the Alliance side of things though?

Exactly this.

Since Wrath, it’s been way easy to play both sides of the faction war and see the totality of the story so that’s all the incentive I really need.

Heck, the reason I’m going to give Classic a go is because I never saw the original 1-60 experience from the Alliance point of view.

1 Like

Honestly if it weren’t for the void elves, I’d still be strictly horde. I play both, but the Gothic nature of the void elves is what drove me to create one.

1 Like

if i played alliance it would be just for dwarves. which is the main reason i did level some alliance during cata when everyone i knew had disappeared, mainly due to burnout from so many years of only playing wow.

as for why i picked horde, right off the bat when i started playing late vanilla:

i’ve never been a big fan of playing the ‘human side faction’ in mmorpgs or muds. or well, almost any game that has the option.

i like undead/tauren/orcs over all but dwarves so that made the choice much easier.

I also preferred orcs in warcraft 1-3 much more than humans. which was another major factor. “zug zug”

1 Like