Please let SoM players transfer to TBC/WOTLK when it is over

For those of us who rerolled in SoM to test out the new raids and experience what blizzard had in store for the process, I see no reason to limit our final resting place to the dead Classic servers when it is all over.

I can’t be alone in having really enjoyed SoM, and will continue to enjoy it until it has run it’s course and Naxx is complete. So when the season is over, why do the characters have to be retired and could not just be transfered over to a current expansion classic server? Whether that is TBC or WOTLK will depend on timing.

12 Likes

No. You should have rolled on a progression server.

13 Likes

Good thing your opinion is irrelevant.

7 Likes

I don’t see what’s wrong with SoM leading to the current classic expansion as an option? I think a lot more people would actually play SoM if that was an option from the start

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll do it if there are no more “seasons”. I have yet to see mention of any further

Rewarding illiteracy isn’t a good thing. The rules were written down for the seasonal ponzi scheme long before launch. They only have themselves to blame.

5 Likes

I’m getting the impression that you hate SoM and anyone who plays it?

2 Likes

Not at all. But acting like a victim when everything was clearly and cleanly laid out ahead of time is laughable at this point.

Furthermore if the players in SoM aren’t satisfied with the predetermined conclusion that was broadcasted before it ever began, WHY did they start?

6 Likes

I understand that the one-year life cycle was made clear from the start, I just don’t understand why it wouldn’t optionally lead into TBC. Maybe I’m not seeing something.

3 Likes

I mean tbh som is dead as well. Bgs “pop”, but to think it is actually banging is flat out lying. I am in every single Jom pvp discord. The pvpers who still play there even admit it’s dead

SoM and Era are both pretty dead from what I understand. I do have a char on SoM at like 36 atm that I play on very casually, hope brm/dm PvP isn’t completely dead :smiley:

1 Like

At this time there are no TBCC-locked servers (similar to the Classic/base game Era servers) and Blizz has stated they don’t plan on creating any that will stay in TBC. In order for the progression to happen from Era your character would have needed to be present on the Era server at the snapshot which was just prior to TBCC pre-patch. Blizz is shedding all the not yet cloned to Era characters. It doesn’t sound as though they want to offer the cloning/do another snapshot.

I’m sorry that progression doesn’t seem to be on offer for your SoM character. Honestly I was surprised that they offered to move them to an Era server as opposed to simply wiping them along with the hardware at season’s end. I also get the impression that Blizz sees moving those SoM characters to Era as a means to beef up that population and jumpstart more activity in Era.

Era is a niche audience, because most people do not like stagnant gameplay. I can bet there is not a single pserver player playing on era atm. Nothing wrong with era, but some of those players don’t understand that people like to replay thru the game

1 Like

Somewhat of a Devil’s Advocate here but why should players that leveled 1-60 in SoM be allowed to group with those that had to do in in tbcc? The people who did genuine grassroot lvling searching for parties in their 20s, 40s, etc. in tbcc were denied access to this SoM player pool, yet now that the SoM players grow tired of their experience in Vanilla they should be allowed to join the tbcc players who had to do 1-60 without them?

1 Like

See how that works?
Try to be more positive and make a better case for Blizz to change their mind - not attacking those with an opinion that differs from yours.

Leveling past Vanilla is more of a chore, don’t think anyone would be upset if SoM characters got sent to TBC. It’s not like SoM players are skipping 60-70.

I don’t think any TBC player leveling 1-60 were begging to level in SoM and SoM players aren’t “tired of their experience”, they’re being force transferred to Classic era.

1 Like

I think there are plenty of players that were/are struggling to find groups for sub60 content in tbcc and lv60 SoM toons entering their server would be a slap in the face.

I don’t think Classic Era will ever see real activity unless they make changes, classic+ sized changes

2 Likes

100% with you there

Yes, blizzard absolutely needs to just relaunch 2019 style classic servers with mage boost nerf and the like etc. it is quite mind boggling that they won’t do this, as if som is a legitimate replacement. Now you have pservers growing again because of it. Lol

3 Likes