The Future of Warcraft Announcements -- Story, Lore, and Race Deep Dive

What are your initial thoughts about the story of and details about the dragonflights, and the Dracthyr, and the characters coming in Dragonflight?

1 Like

Does the Heart of Azeroth come back in to play at all now that we are back on Azeroth?

2 Likes

So I get to be a green dragonflight healer ?? That is something I have wanted to since the oculus lmao its going to be amazing just because of that.

I hope not. They will probably need to add a “Does not function above level 60” thing to it.

More titan lore is always welcome. I’m skeptical about the playable dragon race/class, but in general, it looks like good ol’ classic warcraft stories.

I can’t say how excited I am for the fact that we’re going into the Dragon Isles without it being a big conflict - the focus is on exploration, and that is what WoW really needed. I also really like that there’s a lot of philosophical questions being posed, and that we’re going to have to try to figure out the answers to these.

Now I just hope it’s done well enough. Even if these ideas are great, if they’re not executed well, the expansion is going to be another disappointment. I hope we’re going to get all the time we need to explore all of the story properly.

11 Likes

Agree I don’t want to do anything more with it, I would like a lore reason as to why it doesn’t work. Like something happened during the Jailor fight to cause it to not work anymore.

1 Like

Will the Earthen’s relationship with the Dragons be explored? I don’t recall the earthen having a relationship with the dragons before, so to find out the titan watcher earthen actually helped them keep the dragon isles safe is surprising.

Is the watcher that “saved” the Dragon Isles that was saved by Alex a named NPC in Dragonflight? Or will he just disappear and never be heard from again?

I’m intrigued at who the titan keeper is in the cinematic. He looks like Loken, was it supposed to be Tyr? I thought Tyr was buried in Tyr’s Rest though?

I’m hoping there’ll be an explanation as to why the Drac’thyr choose to join factions at all. Like, right now factions are kinda a meh thing, so seems weird they’d enter the world and choose, instead of just “I’ll help who I want, when I want.”

Please no. Lol.

If anything, just have a quest in 9.2.5 or 10.0 where Magni summons us, we find out the sword is no longer hurting Azeroth, and we drain the heart of its power to help empower azeroth to heal.

I’m slightly concerned the sword wasn’t mentioned though. Lol.

6 Likes

I am interested to see how the lore of the dragons and dragon isle evolves, and I really want to see the Black Dragonflight grow.

One thing I am curious about is if we will see Nozdormu become Murozond at some point in this expansion as the Infinite Flight have been mentioned to be involved.

4 Likes

I have to add, I’m kind of impressed that Blizzard has the courage to tease us with tuskarr on day one of an expansion release. And now they’re getting new models with female options too… if they don’t become an allied race by the end of Dragonflight, someone’s going to be upset :>

4 Likes

It worries me that their idea of how to make Tuskarr female was to toss breasts on them though. Lol.

Why not have female tuskarr have hair, or adorned tusks, etc. Why breasts of all things. (And I know males also have small ones, but the female ones are covered up and the silhouette is accentuated so it’s much more obvious)

Just feels kinda ick to me.

4 Likes

It’s the easy solution I guess, I would’ve liked it more if the only difference between them was that males had whiskers and females didn’t, but at least the dimorphism between them isn’t completely absurd :>

One of my biggest grips the last expansion has been “how does the next expansion fit into the current one?”. After we slay N’Zoth, we were basically randomly summoned by Bolvar to go into the Shadowlands. It felt very disconnected. I’m curious how Dragonflight will be tied to the ending of Shadowlands. I just hope they tie Dragonflight into resolving the huge sword issue still in Azeroth. I’ll admit I’m not as “excited” about the dragon lore since we’ve had a lot of it throughout the years. I’m curious what will be retconned or what the purpose of our arrival at Dragon Isles will be. From the trailer, it sounds like our only reason for going there is to help them out since they’ve helped us in the past… so basically a side quest…? Lol

3 Likes

With regards to the lore, I wonder if the Red Dragonflight have “forgiven” the DKs for what they did to get their class mount. I know there have been some references to this in the night fae campaign. It would be a nice touch if red dragons are still cautious and untrustworthy of DKs for a while

2 Likes